Our new house will be started this week, hopefully finished by February.

Point taken, Me Lad. Our new domecile is in Tung klon dung mun, or a similar .translation.
Wombat knows where it is.
As far as as Pattaya sucedding, with the current fertiliser storm, f**k knows ????.

35 years ago when I first came to Thailand, there was land for sale close to Mabprachan lake (some 7/8kms away from Pattaya. I looked at it and decided it was too distant. It was priced at 25baht/sq wah!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aww heck, Nick. Don't tell me you didn't buy Bitcoin at £100 and Moderna at £10 neither.

No wonder your "nick"-name is Lucky...or was that due to your Walking Street life ? :p

Aww heck, Nick. Don't tell me you didn't buy Bitcoin at £100 and Moderna at £10 neither.

No wonder your "nick"-name is Lucky...or was that due to your Walking Street life ? :p
Back in those early days I had hardly a baht to my name. Had to scratch about to find a few coins to pay for my Friday night beer. Even lost out with my pension lump sum. Bought it in to Thailand a week before the big crash, and lost around 500K. Better times since :) :)

18 mate, fully gated, swipe card entry + 24/7 guards. They are pool villas, with Nordic lines, huge western kitchen with 3 B/R each with their own ensuites.

The estate is fitted for 18 home sites.
Are all those 18 sites purchased ?
If not how many are still on the market ?

Did you go with financing...or will you have to pay out in full upon completion of your residence next Spring ?

The estate is fitted for 18 home sites.
Are all those 18 sites purchased ?
If not how many are still on the market ?

Did you go with financing...or will you have to pay out in full upon completion of your residence next Spring ?
All 18 are sold already, we were lucky enough to get the last 95 t/w block over a month ago.
฿ 3m deposit with the remainder upon completion and acceptance, basically cash.

Don't forget to insure the property. Fires and accidents unfortunately do happen.
A valid point Nick though, I am still perplexed about the fire insurance as, a fire in a brick, steel and concrete dwelling is likely to be rare but, having said that,
with the dodgy electricians that some builders use, anything is possible.
I will do some digging and see whats on the market re, fire, flood, natural disaster or civil unrest.

Beautiful photo, Ferret. The only thing missing is you!
Get yourself in the family photo (thumbs up).

A valid point Nick though, I am still perplexed about the fire insurance as, a fire in a brick, steel and concrete dwelling is likely to be rare but, having said that,
with the dodgy electricians that some builders use, anything is possible.
I will do some digging and see whats on the market re, fire, flood, natural disaster or civil unrest.
It is usually the contents that catch fire -the soft furnishings, foam filled cushions and the like. The heat from such fires damages the structure, and there we go! My son managed to start a fire in his bedroom in the UK some 40 years ago, whilst in my home in Pattaya, the poorly connected water pipes hidden under concrete sprung a leak and caused considerable water damage to the ceiling and contents below.

Apart from mandatory motor insurance I would recommend health and house insurance to everyone. Why bother with life assurance? You will not benefit from it! :)

Last edited:
Back