Overstayers. 1 from Surin 1 from Rio Et

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member

Total of 14 foreign nationals arrested for reportedly overstaying in Thailand in Northeastern provinces, with the longest overstay of more than 7.5 years!​

By
Nop Meechukhun
-
Friday, 11 June 2021, 21:51

Facebook

Twitter

ReddIt

Pinterest

Bangkok –
Immigration Police today, June 11th, announced the arrest of 14 foreign nationals for reportedly overstaying in Thailand in Northeastern provinces, with the longest overstay of more than 7 years!
The capture was conducted as part of a proactive approach to prevent the spread of Covid-19 upon migrant workers and foreign nationals in the areas, Immigration Chief Sompong Chingduang stated. Officials had been actively asking for passports and identification of foreigners in the area to ensure nobody had crossed borders illegally, potentially skirting Covid-19 quarantine rules, which led to the overstay discoveries.

Ads by optAd360
Among the arrests, one out of two Cameroon nationals, whose name was only revealed as Njibili, was caught in Khon Kaen province and was reported with the longest overstay for a total of 2,779 days or about 7.5 years.
Eight of them were reportedly Indian nationals who were all captured in Northeastern provinces, including Surin, Roi Et, Nakhon Ratchasima, and Yosothon. The other nationals include Cambodia, Myanmar, and Vietnam.
All of them were being taken to the Immigration Bureau for legal proceedings and eventual deportation and blacklisting.
Photo Courtesy: Immigration Bureau

Total of 14 foreign nationals arrested for reportedly overstaying in Thailand in Northeastern provinces, with the longest overstay of more than 7.5 years!​

The last time i came across Kiwi Jorge (which must have been 10 years ago) he was on 14 years overstay (apparently).

There must be many under the radar, staying in the same abode/village for a very long time. Like Y, I have heard of a few instances too.

You would think that if they were on overstay then they'd keep quiet about it!

Singing, "And I've now got lots if money
And I'm quite a gent because
I'm the man that broke the bank at Monte Carloooo..."*

Oh surely they all keep quiet.

*(From one of my favourite classic films.)

Back