Pine stain

Yorky

Fullritis Member
My pine kitchen table has suffered a few mishaps during the last 10 years so I've started to refurbish it. However, I have not yet found anyone who sells a "light" pine stain (or any pine stain come to that).

Has anyone used/seen any available locally?

kitchen table s.jpg

I guess you have already tried Thai Watsadu, HomePro and IQ without success. Lazada has some:

Yes. They only appear to sell the dark stains, oak, teak, etc., and I don't need to re-stain the whole table, just the top.

I have already bought the clear matt finish and thinners. Regarding the "Polyshades" I'm only talking of a 10 square foot table not a boat. I think the table and four chairs only cost me ฿7,000.00 (admittedly 10 years ago - maybe more).

If not, use another similar, light coloured stain like Golden Teak or Transparent. No-one will know the difference. HomePro has quite a good selection of Berger Wood Stain last time I checked.

upload_2018-10-27_16-14-22.png

Cheers for that.

But my first port of call was Homepro. All they could offer me (in the Surin branch) was dark stain. I did keep pointing to yellow or golden coloured tins (as the Berger one above - tin colour) but they could only say "mai mee".

I shall probably just end up with the "distressed" condition (various shades of pine) and give it a couple of coats of matt clear polyurethane.

Homepro Surin are often useless

After warding off many staff I finally arrived last week in the electric section. I wanted a dimmer switch. Yet another employee approached me, but could not find any dimmers. As I was walking out an attractive lass asked if she could assist. She took me straight to the dimmers, explained the differing versions and made a sale.:)

In Buriram, I find Global are far superior to Home Pro and Thai Watsadu.

Homepro Surin are often useless

After warding off many staff I finally arrived last week in the electric section. I wanted a dimmer switch. Yet another employee approached me, but could not find any dimmers. As I was walking out an attractive lass asked if she could assist. She took me straight to the dimmers, explained the differing versions and made a sale.:)

In Buriram, I find Global are far superior to Home Pro and Thai Watsadu.
That's as maybe, but Global in Buriram must be nearly 70 kilometers from where I live whereas HomePro Surin is less than a kilometer away. And you are right about something, that young lady is a treasure and is really helpful always.

Back