Pob Suk Nangrong affectionately known as Pop Socks or Pop Sucks!

Prakhonchai Nick

You chose a custom title
Pobsuk Resort in Nang Rong, near the bus station is a Thai hotel, resort style together with private karaoke rooms and a small restaurant/drinking area, the latter being frequented by the local farangs mainly on Wednesday and Saturday afternoons.

The karaoke rooms, whilst available all day for private groups generally fire up after 5pm, and it is then that up to 10 "hostesses" arrive. They serve food/drink in the karaoke rooms. mingle with the farangs in the restaurant/bar and I understand are discreetly available off the premises.

Not quite your standard Karaoke.

http://www.pobsuk.com/

Thanks Nick
This is a good example how people living in different parts of the province can help others on this forum. I bet every one of us living here, is living near to a Restaurant/Bar/ Historical attraction that many others might not be aware off.

It would be nice if more people could post Threads about our area for the rest of our community.

Its strange how Roi Et (& slightly less so, Srisaket) seems to be "off the radar" and hardly ever mentioned "in despatches"

Pobsuk Resort in Nang Rong, near the bus station is a Thai hotel, resort style together with private karaoke rooms and a small restaurant/drinking area, the latter being frequented by the local farangs mainly on Wednesday and Saturday afternoons.

The karaoke rooms, whilst available all day for private groups generally fire up after 5pm, and it is then that up to 10 "hostesses" arrive. They serve food/drink in the karaoke rooms. mingle with the farangs in the restaurant/bar and I understand are discreetly available off the premises.

???????????? ??????????,?????????

Only problem,Nick, is that there is often at least one fat bloke blocking the main entrance.

http://www.pobsuk.com/

So no good staying the night there then, Nick???

After closing time,,11-30pm it isn't a problem,,A/C room 350 ALL NIGHT,NO B/F,500 FOR YOUR 'SLEEPING BAG'

Sounds like an ideal place to have our next overnight MotorBike run!bike-037goldensmile1

After dining at Coffee Corner yesterday (Gr8 Grub,Ray), me and the Welsh One followed Ray over to Pop Suk, Nang Rong.
There we met a list of degenerates and I felt at home immediately, so far away from Surin. Finally got to meet Sakut Buddha and NookieBear. Great guy because he makes me look slimcheesy. I think it was a Pie Eaters Convention going down with Stevo,Ray and a few others drinking and chatting.

Surprisingly, we called in again after about 3 hours in Korat Immigration to find the Nang Rong beer bottle bank seemed to have grown somewhat! :Chokdee5:

So, what this place all about?
Its sort of the usual Plywood/plaster board bar/restaurant to the right of the entrance road and as you enter the place there are a number of little Karaoke rooms to the left. I am told that that is what attracts the local girlie's and when they are busy, its usually a good time to be had.Further down the entrance road are rooms to rent. Fan rooms are 250b and A/C a little more, although in the current climate that seems unnecessary.Saturdays and Sundays seem the best time with Friday and the rest of the week as quieter times. It is very easy to find as its on the Highway 24 on the left side of the road before a big bank with big red coloured pillars .

The place closes at 10 o'clock so that's the time to hook up with someone for 500b but they will ask for 1000b (I am told). Some speak English and if not, others will help translate.

Just past PopSuk and on the same side of road, is a road that leads to the Bus Station and other Karaoke Bars. In those similar arrangements can be made.

If, I have missed anything out, I hope the said Pie Eaters will put me right.

As I said on a previous post, this seems like a good venue and distance away for a 'lads night away' under the guise of a Bike Run, one Saturday or Sunday night?

Good Effort my man,,,,,,,it normally closes around 11pm
Good to meet Taffy & yourself
Cheers SB

Good Effort my man,,,,,,,it normally closes around 11pm
Good to meet Taffy & yourself
Cheers SB

SB (Slim Boy?)

I will try to get something sorted out and get a date together, then if its Ok with you, maybe you could forwarn them that a group of xxxx horny Surin Sinners are decemding on them wanting rooms for the night.

Hows that sound SB?

SB (Slim Boy?)

I will try to get something sorted out and get a date together, then if its Ok with you, maybe you could forwarn them that a group of xxxx horny Surin Sinners are decemding on them wanting rooms for the night.

Hows that sound SB?

I think he should change his name to the Fatgut Buddha

SB (Slim Boy?)

Hows that sound SB?
Sounds good,,,,,,perhaps a few of the local karaoke will send a couple around too ,,,just to increase the choice available,,,,,How many of you will be coming over?? The Ultra Slim Sakut Buddhaxx

Thats just what I was hoping you'd say Oh Wide One!
I will chase up the troops and find out.

Looking like it might be in the New Year, SB but my brother is over in afew weeks so we might just 'pop suk' over there sometime soon. Will PM you when we have a plan.

Anything to report re Pop Suk?

is it still worth a visit???ThumbUp6

Back