Police nab suspect after 6-year chase

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member
Making headlines here. Been portrayed as a racist attack. Surely not as it's the land of smiles and everyone is welcome.

Nah Surin...a racist is a racist. A hater is a hater. ;)
Same in Thai and just the same as in Australia (or anywhere else for that matter).

Nah Surin...a racist is a racist. A hater is a hater. ;)
Same in Thai and just the same as in Australia (or anywhere else for that matter).
Better check out Melbourne then.. Nothing racist going on here.. More Asians than Westerners. Believe Sydney's the same and I know Adelaide is as tolerant and respectful. There most likely is an odd idiot, but Thailand is the most racist place I've experienced.

Better check out Melbourne then.. Nothing racist going on here.. More Asians than Westerners. Believe Sydney's the same and I know Adelaide is as tolerant and respectful. There most likely is an odd idiot, but Thailand is the most racist place I've experienced.

I can't help but agree with you Surin. I never felt racism in PNG or Indonesia but in Thailand yes. The reason I mention those two countries is because I know them well enough to comment.

Horses for courses...then again I was raised in America.
One can't get more racist then that, eh.

Curious, what was the name of the Australian medical insurance company that forced young Oake's hand to return to Oz rather than be treated in Thailand ?

(He died after he left hospitalization in Bangkok while traveling on a mini-bus going to retrieve his passport in Prasat.)

Last edited by a moderator:
"Australia has a culture of denial when it comes to racism."

Just google 'racism in Australia' for enjoyable reading and vids.

"Australians have really settled into their intolerance like an old resentful slipper."

Just look at the latest SA cricket tour...oh please, but never as horrible as Thailand.

Every country has intolerance, racism and nationalism.

Please don't fool yourselves about a wonderful country of 25 million with abundant social services and benefits in comparison to a poorer country of 75 million cramped in many cases living close to poverty where the young must pay off the debt of the old in a developing economy largely dependent on other countries just for economic survival.
Possibly /(possibly definitely) there is resentment and jealousy simmering just below the surface...particularly when a wealthy westerner shoves it in the face of poorer villagers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why don't you do your bit then and make the poor unfortunate Thais one person happier. I have and still pay salaries for some of the unfortunates.

Curious, what was the name of the Australian medical insurance company that forced young Oake's hand to return to Oz rather than be treated in Thailand ?

(He died after he left hospitalization in Bangkok while traveling on a mini-bus going to retrieve his passport in Prasat.)

Check your facts.. It was an American insurance coverage.

Check your facts.. It was an American insurance coverage.

Surin, the reason I asked is that I haven't been able to uncover the name of the company.

So please, which insurance company was it ?

Back