PPF Pension Payments

It appears that the PPF are using Citybank and allowing them to convert to Baht prior to transfer. The rate appeared to be 37.50.

Question: If Sterling is being converted to Thai Baht prior to arriving at Kasikorn Bank, is there any charge levied by Kasikorn Bank for the deposit?

Question: If Sterling is being converted to Thai Baht prior to arriving at Kasikorn Bank, is there any charge levied by Kasikorn Bank for the deposit?

Certainly not with a Transferwise payment.

Certainly not with a Transferwise payment.

I've never transferred Bht (until just recently) so I have no idea. I cannot imagine if there's no charge from one entity that there will be charge from another.

I can therefore confirm that the exchange rate effected by Citibank in early December (around 5th/6th) was 37.63 (unless someone else is taking a cut).

I've never transferred Bht (until just recently) so I have no idea. I cannot imagine if there's no charge from one entity that there will be charge from another.

Bank to bank there may be....................... by comparison in my time in the bank the charge was 6 Quid for a "clean inward payment" i.e. Sterling come into a Sterling account from abroad.

Bank to bank there may be....................... by comparison in my time in the bank the charge was 6 Quid for a "clean inward payment" i.e. Sterling come into a Sterling account from abroad.

The next question is: does a UK bank charge for transferring monies [in Sterling] to Transferwise? (In my case NatWest International).

The next question is: does a UK bank charge for transferring monies [in Sterling] to Transferwise? (In my case NatWest International).
I cannot answer your question as I do not bank with NatWest Int. However, I can tell you when I do an online transfer from Lloyds Bank (IOM) to Transferwise there is no charge involved.

There was no charge made by my daughter-in-law's bank when she used TransferWise a week or two ago to pay a 16,200thb deposit for their hotel room in Koh Chang. She had a guaranteed rate of 41.39150thb/£ too, which was good value and necessary to ensure that the hotel received the correct amount in Baht. TransferWise charged her £4.44 for the service.

No... you do it online UK bank to UK bank.... TW bank with Barclays, Shoreditch.

(not far from Browns and the Axe - 2 lap dancing venues of some repute)

No... you do it online UK bank to UK bank.... TW bank with Barclays, Shoreditch.
(not far from Browns and the Axe - 2 lap dancing venues of some repute)

I wouldn't know anything about lap dancing.

I think that I would only be looking at maybe 3 or 4 transfers/year if I get the PPF to deposit my "compensation" into my NatWest account. Just a matter of keeping my head above water with Thai Immigration.

Taking the piss in 2019.

My monthly "compensation" from PPF arrived in my Thai bank yesterday.

XE exchange rate = 40.66

Thai bank exchange rate = 40.22

Tranferwise exchange rate = 40.65

Citibank exchange rate = 36.62

Taking the piss in 2019.

XE exchange rate = 40.66

10% rake off...... not bad

Taking the piss in 2019.

XE exchange rate = 40.66

I must correct that. I had miscalculated the income tax deducted from my company pension. The rate used by Citibank was actually higher than the Kasikorn Bank (but less than transferwise). What a cock up!

I must correct that. I had miscalculated the income tax deducted from my company pension. The rate used by Citibank was actually higher than the Kasikorn Bank (but less than transferwise). What a cock up!
You are on a winner then. Not just a decent rate, but a bailed out pension:)

Back