Proof of being single for an American citizen

Proof of being single should just be you showing your bankbook savings account. If you have money... you are single. LOL
cheesy.gif

An alternative to what has been written above, consider getting married in Bangkok. Some 14 years ago I was in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA), Chaengwattana, waiting in the queue to get the necessary documents to get married. I had already obtained the Affirmation of Freedom to Marry in Thailand from the British Embassy (after producing my UK Divorce Certificate and signing the application). While waiting in the queue, a young lady freelance agent, approached me and asked if I was getting married. I replied in the affirmative. She then asked if I wanted to get married that day. That was not really on my mind at the time although it did not seem such a bad idea. I popped the question to my fiancée who seemed to like the idea. We said yes, please do. We negotiated a fee for her services of 3,000 baht to take care of everything, including all translations and photocopies. Taxi fees, town hall marriage ceremony and document processing at MFA would be additional and at actual cost. The time was mid morning, we handed over all our documents to the young lady and went downstairs for a coffee. She arrived an hour or so later and ushered us to the waiting taxi outside. Off to the town hall and registry office, 500 baht to grease the wheels and go to the front of the queue, got married, received the marriage certificates and retired for lunch. We met up with the young lady an hour or so later back in the MFA to sign all the translated and certified documents associated with the marriage. She took these inside to be officially endorsed by the MFA. Back to the cafeteria for drinks and a wait for all to be finalised. It seemed a long wait but everything was finalised and endorsed by 4 o'clock in the afternoon. Job done, legally married and with all the paperwork to prove it.

In the course of writing this article I came across this comprehensive guide that may help others:

Getting Married in Thailand – Do it Yourself in One Day!

https://www.thethailandlife.com/married-thailand-diy-day .
Nearly as quick as getting divorced here!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back