Rain?

No rain here in the past 4 or 5 days. Hope it is not finished. We need another foot or two of the wet stuff.

No rain here in the past 4 or 5 days. Hope it is not finished. We need another foot or two of the wet stuff.

If it is finished us rice farmers are forked. :( We have not had enough rain to apply fertilizer to the fields around here.
You do know that if the rice fails, Thailand will fail, there is not much left holding it up at present. Lets hope it does not come to that.

Usually the last week or two of the rainy season ends with a bang and days of rain. For us here it was like that last week or so. This week/past few days nothing really. What's the weatherman saying?

And the satellite picture at 05.20 this morning ......................

upload_2020-9-1_5-20-51.png

Maybe some early morning rain.

Well at 7 this morning I thought my walk might get rained on. Gray and cloudy and threatening. Not a drop though.

34.5C now, and 64% humidity. Sunny yet overcast. Dark clouds to the S. West at 15:23

34.5C now, and 64% humidity. Sunny yet overcast. Dark clouds to the S. West at 15:23

Not a bad observation but a trained weather observer would say 6 octaves of Cumulus at 1250 feet, 4 octaves of Alto cumulus at 9000 ft 6 Octaves Cirrus status at 25000 feet. Wind speed at 6 knots from NNE.
Present weather nil. @ 1715

Just pulling your chain. :p:p:p. That's on my resume as well.

All those early morning visits to my school's Met Society weather station back in the early 60s weren't a TOTAL waste of time...

Not a bad observation but a trained weather observer would say 6 octaves of Cumulus at 1250 feet, 4 octaves of Alto cumulus at 9000 ft 6 Octaves Cirrus status at 25000 feet. Wind speed at 6 knots from NNE.
Present weather nil. @ 1715

Just pulling your chain. :p:p:p. That's on my resume as well.

It was a long time ago, but I was taught by our pet meteorologist to call them oktas and not octaves. It saved confusing my piano teacher, when the notes and also the cloud cover were both measured in eighths. 8/8th = a totally overcast sky, while the 3rd note up from C, or do, is still E, or mi. Solfa so good then....

It was a long time ago, but I was taught by our pet meteorologist to call them oktas and not octaves. It saved confusing my piano teacher, when the notes and also the cloud cover were both measured in eighths. 8/8th = a totally overcast sky, while the 3rd note up from C, or do, is still E, or mi. Solfa so good then....
Passing south of Surin tonight, thunder in the background, or was it the timpani sounding off in the orchestra.

"There are holes in the sky
Where the rain gets in
But they're ever so small
That's why the rain is thin."

Back