Rain?

Did it rain all night? There was a trace of drizzle at 05:30.

Drizzle is a very rare event in the tropics. Drizzle is defined a a faint droplet that leaves no ripple as it hits a puddle. Now you know.
You're 50% right when you described as a trace as this is what very light shower is called. There is a whole book on the subject of meteorological definitions and it is drummed into us from day one at The weather Bureau 40 years of brain washing. So you can see how this might grate me. Oh well my problem. Micro rant over. :confused:

Bye the way the definition between rain and showers is a good one as well.
My fav Star Trek scene for obvious reasons.

16:00 : Still a little light rain (but not drizzle). The colour of the sky indicates that it may continue like this for some time.

16:48 Ppppppppissing down incessantly when we arrived back from a funeral. I think it was on the Ganges...

16:48 Ppppppppissing down incessantly when we arrived back from a funeral. I think it was on the Ganges...
You could be right.

119734620_2986458374791612_9183219319495143613_n.jpg

119917528_2986458174791632_77054335495583785_n.jpg

The result of No-Eun storm at Surin Province
Surin Province has now received reports that there is water from Nangmud Sub-district, Kab, quantity calculated by 7.50 million negatives. M.. Which will flow into the tub x̀āng Huai Sung by travelling around 2 days.
Tub x̀āng Huai Sung. Currently, there is a water volume of 7.789 million left. M.. Or 35.46 % of tub capacity khwām cu can still get 14.13 million more water minus. M.. And when the water from Naengmud district above comes into the tub ‡ Huai Shang, there will be no impact on the storage of the basin and the area where the water flows through is the district. Castle and district Surin city doesn't cause flooding of households in community areas. Except some villages where Lam Huai Sanam can be affected by some floods, but for a short period of time.
From this year's water supply and analysis of irrigation of Surin Province. Huay Seng will have a maximum water of 17.272 million minus. M.. Or 79 % of the x̀āng tub capacity and basin. amul will have the highest water at 15.785 million minus. M.. Or 57 % of tub capacity ‡
If the water is predictable, the 2 tubs of irrigation is broken, the Surin Municipality and the nearby will have water to use for consumer-consumption (waterworks) until September 2564 This must be refrained from farming and cultivating activities in the 2564th drought season.

The bottom line, this should fill our reservoir to capacity. However, if too much, look out @Yorky for the overflow! And I should add, the Christian burial site identified by @Merlin. Kritsanai Lakes may also be under threat.

Last edited:
119733787_1694263404069275_2906499855183649976_o.jpg

I think this may say .................................something like this.

Surin Province alerts water from Phanom Dong Mountains. From the influence of ′′ No Eul ′′ hot zone ′′ storms.
From the hot storm, ′′ No Eun ′′ has moved into Surin area since September 18-19, 2563.
There is a heavy rain continuing in the upstream area that will flow through Lam Huai Shang, originating from Phanom Dong Mountains, Nongmud, Nangmud, Kab, Chab district, Castle district, and flowing into Huai Sang reservoir, Surin district. Rare which floods in many areas.

Therefore, let the public prepare and follow the news closely.

The bottom line, this should fill our reservoir to capacity. However, if too much, look out @Yorky for the overflow! And I should add, the Christian burial site identified by @Merlin. Kritsanai Lakes may also be under threat.

Just hoping if the Huay Senang gets too full they don't just open the floodgates into the klongs like they did some years back. That was a disaster for our area. Klongs filled up and overflowed and went up all the sois off the klong massively. Supposedly a floodgate got stuck open once they opened it and too much pressure made it so they could not close it again until drained.

Just hoping if the Huay Senang gets too full they don't just open the floodgates into the klongs like they did some years back. That was a disaster for our area. Klongs filled up and overflowed and went up all the sois off the klong massively. Supposedly a floodgate got stuck open once they opened it and too much pressure made it so they could not close it again until drained.

September 2013. It was the eejit in charge who did not permit the gates to be opened in stages to allow the water to disperse/evoporate over a few days.

Or that's what I was told.

Look out - the floodwater from the south should be arriving anytime soon. In the past hour we had a tropical downpour, 63mm, and there is more coming our way from the north-east.

upload_2020-9-22_13-29-17.png

Let's hope the 'eejit' at the gates knows better this time around or @Yorky is going to get wet again. @Cent, I think Thep Thani is below the waterline too.

Back