Rain?

I took my old Acer laptop to the shop to have the battery replaced. The shop didn't have the "tools" to open up the case and didn't have a battery anyway. They said "we will have to send it to Khorat". I didn't bother.

The latest model (Acer again) apparently has a battery that cannot be replaced!

Mine's a Lenovo. It has a battery that can be replaced by anyone with a degree in astro-physics and another in engineering. The body has to be dismantled to access it, and various components removed and then replaced. My old HP had one that was easy to access - just slide a button to one side to remove it. Easy, but that laptop kept overheating and then shutting down - a bit like me on a hot day!

Mine's a Lenovo. It has a battery that can be replaced by anyone with a degree in astro-physics and another in engineering. The body has to be dismantled to access it, and various components removed and then replaced. My old HP had one that was easy to access - just slide a button to one side to remove it. Easy, but that laptop kept overheating and then shutting down - a bit like me on a hot day!

The Compaqs and HPs that I've had in the past were all battery accessible.

Dean had a Toshiba in which you could replace the battery but the specified replacement battery was about 3 mm too long!

Fort Bandersnatch completely locked down last night. Surveying the damage:

( That Pizza oven must weight 100kg!)

View attachment 40059

while walking the dogs this morning:

View attachment 40060View attachment 40062

The pizza oven being blown over was not so much about the weight but more about the center of gravity. Looking at the photo, the oven does seem to be very top heavy. Even so, the storm was particularly ferocious with very high speed gusts of wind. The recorded wind speed shown for last nigh was in the order of 28 Kph, but I guess, individual gust could have been much higher.

They allow you to walk in the exercise park there? I was told we can't do that yet at my local walking park. Mask or no mask.
Its the beautiful large park in town with a very grim Zoo in it. I am usually nearly the only person there and whilst i always carry a mask (incase of problems), i dont wear it whilst exercising alone ( which i thought was OK).

The pizza oven being blown over was not so much about the weight but more about the center of gravity. Looking at the photo, the oven does seem to be very top heavy.

I agree it's top heavy, but it was blown from it's starting location:

20200521_045543958_ios.jpg

2 of us tried to lift it back, but failed

I guess that beggars belief that something that heavy would be shifted by some wind. But is was on wheels, less friction, and blown over the step that made it topple. Maybe you need some of these under the wheels............................

. 1620277736340.png

Power cut lasted about 2 hours yesterday evening. 2 hours is manageable in the evening; we can do without the fans and the beer stays relatively cold.

Good news @Bandersnatch , your rainwater tanks should be seriously full, yes ?

The frustrating thing about rainwater harvesting in Thailand is that my 24×1,500L tanks = 36,000L can be filled by just 1 hour of heavy rain, which can then last 6 months of household use, but we then get many more hours of rain in the same month that just gets wasted, followed by 9 months of no rain!

The frustrating thing about rainwater harvesting in Thailand is that my 24×1,500L tanks = 36,000L can be filled by just 1 hour of heavy rain, which can then last 6 months of household use, but we then get many more hours of rain in the same month that just gets wasted, followed by 9 months of no rain!

I would guess that the solution is to install 24 more tanks then you will have 12 months of water without even considering rationing?

Time to build an underground cistern. :) An Aussie I know actually built a whole, quite large, addition to his house, a large room waterproofed that he directed all his rainwater into. Not only did it help him through the year for water for the house and grounds, but he said it keeps that side of the house (the kitchen I think it is) cool all year round as well.

A few scratches but otherwise none the worse for wear.
I have the same one, and the medium sized one as well. Bought the big one many years ago second hand from a guy who closed his restaurant and was getting divorced and moving on. It's a brute, but still works well. Too big for our kitchen these days and we stopped doing pizzas as the kitchen would become so damn hot you could barely stay in there when doing pizzas. Used to do some damn nice pizzas, but once Pizza Company, and later the Italian guy, (and now Pizza Hut) started up it just wasn't worth the time and energy. Sold a lot of those in the old restaurant though. Sicilian base and sauce. Nice pies.

Back