Retirement extension today

GL thinks it is bullshit and Yorky has reservations too. Wait and see - I can only tell you what was said to my wife - the truth is out there.

It wasn't stated to you in English.
It was told to your wife and the message was relayed in English from her to you, correct ?

As I stated in my post about getting my extension back on 8 November, the IO asked for a map to my place, my wife drew a map on a piece of paper as the IO said "no google map". He told her that maybe we will get a home visit but still gave me the extension.

As I stated in my post about getting my extension back on 8 November, the IO asked for a map to my place, my wife drew a map on a piece of paper as the IO said "no google map". He told her that maybe we will get a home visit but still gave me the extension.

Sad to say my wife would be totally unable to draw a map. She has great diffficulty just directing the Lazada man, confusing her lefts and rights.:)

Good report and congratulations, Nomad.
Is this what you received stamped into your passport (albeit with different dates) ?View attachment 19356You confuse me with your term "Emergency" visa extension. :openmouth:

Yes, that is the stamp I have in my passport. A 12 month extension to my visa based on retirement criteria.

Yes, most of the conversation was in Thai and later relayed to me by my wife. I did get the drift that something was going on and all the staff seemed to be in on it. After completing the process I was called to the desk to collect my passport. The I.O. deliberately said, "Here is your 90-day report." He did not say here is your 12-month extension. My wife pointed out the nuance behind this. Another couple, next ones up after us, were also in the process of obtaining a 12 month visa extension. My wife said he had deliberately said 90-day report because he did not want the other couple to think they would be getting their 12 month visa extension today. They would have to get a house visit first. The use of the word "Emergency" visa extension was said to cover the fact that my extension was an exception to the rule. I was not going to be subject to the house visit. All three members of the staff were in on the joke. Please do not read into this any more than what it is. They were going to process my visa extension there and then. The next guy up was not going to be so lucky. Do not ask me why because I do not know. What I do know is two fold: I have a 12 month visa extension and future applicants will, in all probability, get a 30 day under consideration stamp and a house visit pending the issue of a 12 month visa extension.

Possibly those lucky applicants can keep the forum updated as well regarding home visits and such new news, eh. ;)

Who is up for a renewal of extension in the next month or so ? Anyone here ? :rolleyes:

Any information to that effect would be handy for me. Mine is due to be renewed in June next year.

I shall be going for my annual retirement extension around Christmas. I’ll let you know.
If they are reinstating home visits it would make sense to focus effort and manpower on first timers rather than old lags like Nomad, Yorky and I.
Mind you, making sense was never high on the priority list hereabouts.

My wife and I arrived at Surin Immigration at 10h30. The office was busy. I was there to renew my visa extension (retirement), get a re-entry permit and do a 90 day report.
By 11h50 we had the first and the last sorted. The officer suggested we went for lunch and come back at 13h00, which is what we did.
The re-entry permit took 10 minutes.

Points of interest:

I was given a full year extension, no mention of a temporary one or home visits.

My wife overheard an officer telling another customer ‘s partner that there were new rules and temporary visas and home visits were for everyone. Clearly I am not everyone! This all sounds rather like Nomad’s experience as reported earlier in this thread.

I overheard an officer giving another chap a hard time as he had missed his seasoning of the 800,000 by one day. I have no idea whether or not he got away with it as we were all finished before him.

I had asked my wife to keep her ears open for any hint of corruption but there was none.

Mission accomplished!

I overheard an officer giving another chap a hard time as he had missed his seasoning of the 800,000 by one day.

There was a similar pillock there in May. He was Bht 2,000.00 short of the required amount.

Nothing beats NM's story of the guy trying to convince the IO that a village wedding counted as the real thing. I couldn't get over the line with a Kor Ror 2, What chance did that ****** have?. At least I know it is definitely written in blood that a Kor Ror 1 (Flowery cert) is required. It cost me though that knowledge as I was banned from IMMI 1 for ever ! Unless my wife ever changed her house reg to Bangkok.
Spiteful mob they are.

My wife and I arrived at Surin Immigration at 10h30. The office was busy. I was there to renew my visa extension (retirement), get a re-entry permit and do a 90 day report.
By 11h50 we had the first and the last sorted. The officer suggested we went for lunch and come back at 13h00, which is what we did.
The re-entry permit took 10 minutes.

Points of interest:

I was given a full year extension, no mention of a temporary one or home visits.

My wife overheard an officer telling another customer ‘s partner that there were new rules and temporary visas and home visits were for everyone. Clearly I am not everyone! This all sounds rather like Nomad’s experience as reported earlier in this thread.

I overheard an officer giving another chap a hard time as he had missed his seasoning of the 800,000 by one day. I have no idea whether or not he got away with it as we were all finished before him.

I had asked my wife to keep her ears open for any hint of corruption but there was none.

Mission accomplished!
Congrats Johnb! Please thank your wife for confirming the same story line that my wife was given a couple of weeks earlier. House visits are to be the norm this coming year. Maybe the really long stayers, say 5 years plus, will be exceptions to the rule.

Look out Rice, there is an Immigration Officer out there and a coming after you.

Immigration-Officer.jpg

or if you are not so lucky

thaipolice-206x300.jpg

555!

There was a similar pillock there in May. He was Bht 2,000.00 short of the required amount.

They still keep checking their brain in at their home country.
Nothing beats NM's story of the guy trying to convince the IO that a village wedding counted as the real thing. I couldn't get over the line with a Kor Ror 2, What chance did that ****** have?. At least I know it is definitely written in blood that a Kor Ror 1 (Flowery cert) is required. It cost me though that knowledge as I was banned from IMMI 1 for ever ! Unless my wife ever changed her house reg to Bangkok.
Spiteful mob they are.

Ur the one that forked up..:eek::p:rolleyes::D

For reasons not explained to me I was given an 'Emergency' 12 month visa extension. [Cont'd]...
Effective as of now, S.I. are only giving a 30-day under consideration stamp pending a house visit by the Immigration staff. Following a successful house visit the applicant will have to return to S.I. to obtain the 12 month visa extension.

Actually Nomad, this is what you wrote.

Possibly future applicants can keep the forum updated as well regarding home visits and such new news. ;)

Now who is up for a renewal of extension in the next three months or so ? Anyone here ? :rolleyes:

Thanks ! For reminding me of that fact !!! :( But as you know GL that was only half the story.

Its the first half that got your second half tossed out. :rolleyes::eek::D BTW ur NOT banned from IMMI 1 for ever. Sounds good on a forum but its BS.o_O

Its the first half that got your second half tossed out. :rolleyes::eek::D BTW ur NOT banned from IMMI 1 for ever. Sounds good on a forum but its BS.o_O

That is not what it said on my file mate, you were not there !!! They made it quite clear I was not to go to IMMI 1 if my wifes ID was not Bangkok. This happened because I insisted on finding out the point in law. The subordinates just did not know and kept passing me up all the way to the top. That is where I got banned, from the head hauncho. It is not a colourful story GL it actually happened.
I wish I can say I made it up or colored it, but I have not. My wife can testify to this. Get Mrs GL to ask her sometime.

Back