Retirement extension today

you were not there !!! They made it quite clear I was not to go to IMMI 1 if my wifes ID was not Bangkok. This happened because I insisted on finding out the point in law. The subordinates just did not know and kept passing me up all the way to the top. That is where I got banned, from the head hauncho. It is not a colourful story GL it actually happened.
I wish I can say I made it up or colored it, but I have not. My wife can testify to this. Get Mrs GL to ask her sometime.

Naughty Naughty No more NEP 4 U..:eek::D 'That is not what it said on my file mate" Out of curiosity did you see a file at immigration on ur stinky about said subject..;):rolleyes::D and if so have you inquired further.o_O

The thing is GL is that the 1979 act does not give any detail. It is all in Ministerial Regulations documents. These are changed quite often and interpreted differently as well. What I asked and was quite reasonable in the request was to see the ministerial document in regard to proof of marriage documentation. As I really did think it was insane to have a written ledger a computerized version of that ledger Kor Ror 2 print out of that ledger. But if you don't have the Kor Ror 1 (flowery) document nothing else counts. Well as you know I found out to my dismay the INSANE is indeed true, when they showed me the black and white in Thai the actual passage of Ministerial Regulation. That truly was an oh f**k moment. I will not be going on any further crusades. Thai law is truly insane.

The thing is GL is that the 1979 act does not give any detail. It is all in Ministerial Regulations documents. These are changed quite often and interpreted differently as well. What I asked and was quite reasonable in the request was to see the ministerial document in regard to proof of marriage documentation. As I really did think it was insane to have a written ledger a computerized version of that ledger Kor Ror 2 print out of that ledger. But if you don't have the Kor Ror 1 (flowery) document nothing else counts. Well as you know I found out to my dismay the INSANE is indeed true, when they showed me the black and white in Thai the actual passage of Ministerial Regulation. That truly was an oh f**k moment. I will not be going on any further crusades. Thai law is truly insane.

Speaking of Thai law..;) How is your wife ID and house book going.:D

Speaking of Thai law..;) How is your wife ID and house book going.:D

You made me burst out laughing just then. The Tambon did not want to issue a house registration for the bungalow they wanted to register the future house. It was vica versa last year. So my architects documents were missing the all important orientation on the land and a map to the house. That has been organised and now the process continues. Oh the fun.
The beauty of this process though it all has to be done just once.

You made me burst out laughing just then. The Tambon did not want to issue a house registration for the bungalow they wanted to register the future house. It was vica versa last year. So my architects documents were missing the all important orientation on the land and a map to the house. That has been organised and now the process continues. Oh the fun.
The beauty of this process though it all has to be done just once.

You just keep hitting ur head..
cheesy.gif

My wife and I arrived at Surin Immigration at 10h30. The office was busy. I was there to renew my visa extension (retirement), get a re-entry permit and do a 90 day report.
By 11h50 we had the first and the last sorted. The officer suggested we went for lunch and come back at 13h00, which is what we did.
The re-entry permit took 10 minutes.

Very good news. In contrast we went to Kasikorn Bank in Robinson's today at 10:50 and left around 13:20 having closed one fixed deposit account and opened another. And I bet we signed more pieces of paper than you did!

Curious Yorky though off-topic:
1) what was the percentage rate on the new account ?
2) what is the length (fixed term) on the new account ?
3) is the account FCA as £ or a THB account ?

Curious Yorky though off-topic:
1) what was the percentage rate on the new account ?
2) what is the length (fixed term) on the new account ?
3) is the account FCA as £ or a THB account ?

It won't be an FCA, as these cannot be opened in Robinsons...only a main branch (and then again, not all)

For information, for 24 months the interest rate is 1.45% p.a. and for 36 months the interest rate is 1.60% p.a.

[All subject to fluctuation, of course]

Back