Runaway pickup injures 9 in Buri Ram

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member
Headline TOTALLY incorrect.

It gives the impression the vehicle was driverless. It was not. Some Thai idiot, was behind the wheel, did not stop after hitting many vehicles on separate occasions, before fleeing.

Headline TOTALLY incorrect.

It gives the impression the vehicle was driverless. It was not. Some Thai idiot, was behind the wheel, did not stop after hitting many vehicles on separate occasions, before fleeing.
It seemed to me that he was targeting these motorbike boy racers. The incident took place at 01.30 in the morning.

Nine Hurt As Pickup Rams 10 Vehicles In Buri Ram
BT104-300x200.jpg

Nine hurt as pickup rams 10 vehicles in Buri Ram

Nine people were hurt, two seriously, when a speeding pickup truck crashed into 10 vehicles early Saturday. Police gave chase but have so far failed to catch the driver. The frightening incident occurred at around 1.30am when the speeding Mitsubishi Triton rammed into several motorcycles riding on a road in front of Buri Ram Rajabhat University.

Witnesses were unable to get a good look at the licence plate.

The pickup driver then sped off and struck another motorcycle and a police pickup truck parked along a road near the Lively market. It then rear-ended a car waiting at the lights at the Sensiri intersection in Muang district. The driver did not stop but accelerated to hit another motorcycle at the intersection before fleeing. Many panicked passersby ran for safety.

Police who rushed to the crash scenes found nine people injured, two of them badly. A total of 10 vehicles — eight motorcycles, one car and one police pickup — were damaged.

Police and rescue workers gave chase along the escape route to Nong Phrue village in Muang district, but they were unable to stop the speeding pickup. Officers are examining images from closed-circuit security cameras to see if they can learn more about the vehicle and its driver.

BT105-300x200.jpg

Kanchana Teerasuwan, 33, told police that she and her son were inside the car driven by her husband when it was rear-ended. They were returning home after selling goods at the provincial Red Cross fair and were waiting at the traffic lights at the Sensiri intersection when the car was hit.

The impact of the crash threw her son, who was sleeping in the back seat, into the front seat. Her husband immediately took their son out of the vehicle.

Thawat Ponsen, another victim, said he and five other friends were riding home when the pickup truck rammed into their motorbikes in front of Rajabhat University. Two of his friends were badly hurt: one suffered a broken leg and another had bleeding on the brain and was still unconscious.

BT106-300x200.jpg

http://www.buriramtimes.com/nine-hurt-as-pickup-rams-10-vehicles-in-buri-ram/

Mental illness...whether drug or alcohol induced...or not on proper meds...or simply not properly treated.

Unbelievable he didn't kill anyone...yet.
(Unfortunately one or more of the injured may succumb to their injuries.)

I'm awfully glad this individual didn't have access to a firearm.
(He wasn't heard to be yelling "Allah Akbar", "God is great", "Man U", "The devil made me do it" or "Mach schnell" either.)

Of course the national news will never follow up on this story once the accused goes before a judge.

GL (and any other interested parties) , do you have access to whatever happened to those two Burmese migrant workers accused of murdering the Brit couple on Koh Tao in 2014 and were sentenced to death in Surat Thanni ?

That was a story that garnered interest around the world and particularly acute interest locally in Thailand and Britain ?

Are the two still imprisoned (rightfully or wrongfully) ?

Mental illness...whether drug or alcohol induced...or not on proper meds...or simply not properly treated.

Unbelievable he didn't kill anyone...yet.
(Unfortunately one or more of the injured may succumb to their injuries.)

I'm awfully glad this individual didn't have access to a firearm.
(He wasn't heard to be yelling "Allah Akbar", "God is great", "Man U", "The devil made me do it" or "Mach schnell" either.)

Of course the national news will never follow up on this story once the accused goes before a judge.

GL (and any other interested parties) , do you have access to whatever happened to those two Burmese migrant workers accused of murdering the Brit couple on Koh Tao in 2014 and were sentenced to death in Surat Thanni ?

That was a story that garnered interest around the world and particularly acute interest locally in Thailand and Britain ?

Are the two still imprisoned (rightfully or wrongfully) ?

Ask 44.:rolleyes:

Haven't read or seen anything out of the media in Britain in two years regarding the young British couple in September 2014 who were bludgeoned to death and the gal raped prior.

How cheap is life there ?

Has "justice been served" ?

Any connected Thai would be bailed whilst awaiting the appeal result, even when caught in the act of committing the crime.

Ivor, I didn't realize that Samui Times is part of the media in Britain.

Basically written by one of the accused Burmese 2 1/2 years back...sadly seeking witnesses or assistance.
I guess the Brits are more bothered with things ‘close to home’ like invading masses & people killing on behalf of their ‘invisible friends’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back