FORUM SPONSOR
102360730_118393753226680_785441077812321101_n.jpg

3/72, sirirut st.
Surin, Thailand
7FquWitfUrh.png

m.me/101361964929859
9zTnEfXQpLq.png

Call 083 614 7962

https://www.facebook.com/Saffron-Re...DMpGCcUmbsl080jZEBNA9_WVtuBICv6Bi0HbgbMMHLUqM

I am wondering if this is the same guy who had the small place on the main street around the corner a couple/few years ago. He had a schwarma rotisserie out front and did some decent burgers. Closed after a few months open. I forget now what the name of the old place was.

(Aladin's it was called.)

Last edited:
I am wondering if this is the same guy who had the small place on the main street around the corner a couple/few years ago. He had a schwarma rotisserie out front and did some decent burgers. Closed after a few months open. I forget now what the name of the old place was.

(Aladin's it was called.)

There was also recently a young man about 30 from Iran running a restaurant in Prasat, when we called in a month ago we were told he had left.

Many years ago, while serving with the Sultan of Oman's Air Force in Salah (72/73), I was occasionally invited to eat with some Iranian air force personnel in their M.A.S.H. (mobile army surgical hospital) food tent. These guys were loyal to the old Shah of Iran, who was overthrown by the Iranian Revolution 11 February 1979, a totally different breed to the later revolutionary guards. Nice guys and great Persian food.

upload_2020-6-21_17-13-19.png

"A peculiar race are the Persians.
They have the strangest diversions.
They make love by day in the usual way,
And save up their nights for perversions."

Allegedly.

The young Iranian in Prasat was a pleasant guy with good English skills. I've no idea where he's gone though.

Saffron should be an interesting venue.

My time in the sandbox Saudi had only 1 traditional dish and that is the Kabsa WBTW were fantastic.:yum::yum::yum: All other dish came by way of Lebanon or Iran aka Persia. Looks at a map of the Persian Empire. Fantastic food from Persia.:yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum::yum:

empire-banner-1.jpg

Not a good marketing move to call its location/the road after a place that’s now gone ‘Speed alley’ especially as it’s well known as ‘Soi Kola(cola).
Plus how many Thai’s or non-English speakers would know the word ‘alley’ ?????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a good marketing move to call its location/the road after a place that’s now gone ‘Speed alley’ especially as it’s well known as ‘Soi Kola(cola).

More likely to mistake alley for Allah...............Even more of a bad marketing move. RUN RUN RUN!!!!!!!!

Many of the sois are called alleys I have seen on the maps translations.

By the way, I ran into Pat and Francois at Tops the other day. Francois said they are planning to make the soi and area where Speed was into a night market like the one they have on the soi where the boxing stadium is, the well known night market. I guess that is the plan. Should bring loads of Thais around to the soi in the evenings.

I have also seen that. However the English word "alley" signifies a path or narrow road so it would be better in my opinion, at least for English speakers, to call it Soi Kola.
True. It also may suggest a dark,dirty & dangerous place. Maybe I’m thinking of the Victorian London of Jack the Ripper too much. A place too narrow for vehicles

By the way, I ran into Pat and Francois at Tops the other day. Francois said they are planning to make the soi and area where Speed was into a night market like the one they have on the soi where the boxing stadium is, the well known night market. I guess that is the plan. Should bring loads of Thais around to the soi in the evenings.

I wonder who's paying for the demolition?

Oh yeah, excellent. ;;grimace;;
A night market for Thais on the same block as karoake and farang bars.

Sounds like something will have to change before that day arrives.

And Soi Kola is exactly what - a leisurely ten minute walk from the main Night Market. Hmmm.

Oh yeah, excellent. ;;grimace;;
A night market for Thais on the same block as karoake and farang bars.

Sounds like something will have to change before that day arrives.

And Soi Kola is exactly what - a leisurely ten minute walk from the main Night Market. Hmmm.
How popular have the little shops been that were built on the old Speed car park/Speed 2 site???

Back