Salak Dai Market

Hello @jpsurin, we do call Chong Chom market 'Chong Chom' market, not Kap Koeng market. I do not know when they will be reopening. I have not heard anything about the new immigration offices coming to Surin, nor where they may be located. I think the new offices, if they do come to Surin, will be linked to the opening of the new City Hall on the ring road. I had heard that the new building will be opening towards the end of this year. However, I cannot find any recent news about this project so take that info with a pinch of salt.
Thank you Nomad 97. Looks to me like Local news in Surin Is in quarantine. What's the word on school opening ? Stay safe!

Chong Chom market will not open until the crossing reopens. I was just down there for a drive about the other day. With the market and crossing closed major head way is being made through the market area for the highway upgrade as most stalls on the east side of 214 have been removed and major work are in progress for a NEW market. The only thing open is the Tesco and 7-11 with a couple food carts. There is a new PTT complex about 2 km from CC that is coming along nicely and next door to it is another market area being developed This market I'm told is where my boss and her group have booked a shop. As for SI opening another office in Surin it will be in the new government complex if and when and that came directly to me from SI from the capt. with no misunderstanding SI is not moving from Kap Chong but Surin City may at sometime get an annex. Now back to Chong Chom. Cross border commercial traffic is using the crossing. I counted some 20 or so 22 wheel lories inside the custom yard waiting their turn to go across. The Chong Chom area is a virtual a ghost town.
Wow, very nice reply, Thank you ! Makes sense if the border is not open why nothing opening. Last time I was in SI the captain was enthused, impressed upon me or should I say Partner, Boss, Interpreter & Etc. She communicated to me I will be seeing him in the new location in Surin. My how things change in "Amazing Thailand" !!!

Hello @jpsurin, we do call Chong Chom market 'Chong Chom' market, not Kap Koeng market. I do not know when they will be reopening. I have not heard anything about the new immigration offices coming to Surin, nor where they may be located. I think the new offices, if they do come to Surin, will be linked to the opening of the new City Hall on the ring road. I had heard that the new building will be opening towards the end of this year. However, I cannot find any recent news about this project so take that info with a pinch of salt.
Just wondering, women wearing Aao Yais are as graceful as wafting willow leaves

will that be on-line teaching or face-to-face???
As far as I know, it will be face-to-face. I very much doubt that they have the technology for online teaching in Surin. The Government said they would roll out some Internet lessons - none have been seen to date. My daughters do have online teaching material, but I have paid for that with "On Demand". Will they return to school on 1st July? Maybe, maybe not.

Im supposed to turn up again on 1st June but I suspect students will start at the same date as mentioned above. I continue to ask all the obvious questions like 'what platform will be used for on-line teaching anything between 60 >200 students per class' and the silence is deafening! 555!

That's assuming I get my (10th) contract renewed on 31st May!!! OMG!!

Funnily enough, my youngest daughter's teacher has been in contact this morning about Year 6. My wife has enrolled her for something to do with an online learning programme. Nothing more than that. No details, no start date, no anything!

Funnily enough, my youngest daughter's teacher has been in contact this morning about Year 6. My wife has enrolled her for something to do with an online learning programme. Nothing more than that. No details, no start date, no anything!
My son, Year 6 too, starts monday 18 th May with home lessons via TV ("hua hin teacher"?!), homework will be picked up and new tasks assigned by the teacher every week.

Niece ( high school Year 3 or 4) is supposed to start on 1st June. Preperations at the school have already started.

But last-minute changes very well possible as well likely. TIT!

Word around the village is that the market is now open again.

[Not the full trading contingent, probably about half.

They have the handwashing chemicals and temperature monitoring equipment. Everyone appeared to be wearing masks.]

Last edited:
Back