Satuek makes the big time with Big Joke

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member
Big Joke: Now Lt-Gen brings tears of joy to the bereaved as he smashes funeral scam

Picture: Daily News

Top Cop Lt-Gen Surachate Hakparn was pictured receiving the heartfelt thanks from villagers in Thailand's north-east after he helped to smash a fraudulent funeral cooperative.

Thousand of complaints were received over the years from people in Buriram and Khon Kaen in particular after the cooperative took their money to pay for future funerals but gave them nothing when their loved ones died.

Nine people - all committee members aged between 36 and 73 - have been arrested on charges of fraud.

The cooperative was operated out of Satuek district in Buriram but reached further afield.

In the last twenty years 3,300 people have complained but there has been little or no progress.

All that changed when Surachate, in his capacity as deputy of the fraud division of the national police and his team, swung into action.

Daily News reported that people should have received up to 150,000 baht in funeral expenses after paying yearly installments but they got nothing.

The cooperative is thought to have swindled 320 million baht of poor people's money.

Source: Daily News

How did they get away with it for so long?

Because Thai people do not like to stir up trouble. Mai phen rai is the easiest solution.

Even my own sister in law did nothing when she received no benefit from a funeral scheme run in my village. She would not allow me to take it up...........might harm her reputation in the village.WTF!!!!

I got back money from AXA insurance for 2 villagers who paid a door to door agent (not from the village) monthly and who pocketed the money. Only came to light when they received letters advising their insurance was cancelled. Axa staff showed very little interest and it required correspondence with the MD (fortunately a farang) to get action. Way beyond the scope of any village Thai

Big Joke was in SSK last month investigated a super rich family (not local) who were (supposed) to have a dodgy loan business. I hear lots of money and land/premises papers have been returned to the owners/inhabitants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big Joke was in SSK last month investigated a super rich family (not local) who were (supposed) to have a dodgy loan business. I hear lots of money and land/premises papers have been returned to the owners/inhabitants.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
And he got shafted for his efforts.

Back