Senior teacher in Buri Ram faces bribery probe

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member
ebbaf0a6baaf5c7f19fefaf60328f1c2.jpeg

Senior teacher in Buri Ram faces bribery probe

national June 21, 2018 11:39

By Surachai Piraksa
The Nation

A senior teacher at a well-known school in Buri Ram’s Satuk district has been temporarily suspended pending a disciplinary probe into his alleged acceptance of bribes.

The teacher, identified only by his first name Sitthichai, is accused of demanding Bt200,000 from each of five contract teachers in return for helping them pass a recruitment exam to become assistant teachers. As government employees, they would be entitled to more benefits.

The five allegedly paid Sitthichai Bt100,000 each in advance since last November, but were not hired as assistant teachers.

They filed a police complaint and urged the province’s education office to launch an investigation.

Somsak Chobthamdee, head of the office, said on Thursday that Sitthichai had been suspended because a preliminary probe uncovered grounds supporting the accusation.

If clear evidences of guilt emerged and even if Sitthichai were to settle the case under the criminal code and repay the victims, he would still be dismissed from the civil service, possibly without a pension, Somsak said.

I am always amazed by charges made by folk that claim "I paid a bribe, and did not get what I paid for" I personaly know a young man that paid for a job in a government utility. He paid 200,000 and he is incompetent in his trade and not even seen a trade school forbid going to one. It makes you wonder just how much of this is going on. I worked for another Asian country to train personal and I would estimate 80% of them had no idea of what was going on. The powers that be must be smart enough to let some with merit through to actually do the work. As the other 20% were quite bright. But alas with the other 80% not willing or capable of doing anything the other 20% just sat back as well most of the time.

I am always amazed by charges made by folk that claim "I paid a bribe, and did not get what I paid for" I personaly know a young man that paid for a job in a government utility. He paid 200,000 and he is incompetent in his trade and not even seen a trade school forbid going to one. It makes you wonder just how much of this is going on. I worked for another Asian country to train personal and I would estimate 80% of them had no idea of what was going on. The powers that be must be smart enough to let some with merit through to actually do the work. As the other 20% were quite bright. But alas with the other 80% not willing or capable of doing anything the other 20% just sat back as well most of the time.
This shit goes on in mining all the time.

Easily sorted. Just slip Somsak Chobthamdee Bht 250,000.00 and all the problems will go away.

What's it called, collective bargaining ? :D

Praytell @FERET , on behalf of the readership please elaborate further.

Back