Setting up a thai company ?

S

SANGKA

What are the costs in setting up a thai company.

How do i go about it in order to get a work permit, to teach thais english butchery skills around thailand.

I have a butchery teaching Job already to start in the new year , but i need to do this to make it legal.

Last edited by a moderator:

How do i go about it in order to get a work permit, to teach thais english butchery skills around thailand.

I have a butchery teaching Job already to start in the new year , but i need to do this to make it legal.

You are unlikely to get a work permit until you have a full one year of accounts.

http://www.isaanlawyers.com/ the position you want should not be a problem mate .
Its a job that most Thais cannot do that's the main thing , the rest is easy once you have the details off Sebs at Issanlawyers .

http://www.isaanlawyers.com/ the position you want should not be a problem mate .
Its a job that most Thais cannot do that's the main thing , the rest is easy once you have the details off Sebs at Issanlawyers .

You will need to think about your extension of stay too.

If you are on a retirement extension then you will not get a work permit.

If you want to extend based on employment you will need to show tax payments on a salary not less than 50k a month.

You will need to think about your extension of stay too.

If you are on a retirement extension then you will not get a work permit.

I think you should check this as it all depends on if you have an ' Employment prohibited' Stamp on your Visa/Extention. I suggest you look back at posts on this subject on Thai Visa (I started one you see) and HAVE GOT a retirement extension AND a work permit myself for English teaching.

Good luck with your venture Sangkha

I think you should check this as it all depends on if you have an ' Employment prohibited' Stamp on your Visa/Extention. I suggest you look back at posts on this subject on Thai Visa (I started one you see) and HAVE GOT a retirement extension AND a work permit myself for English teaching.

Good luck with your venture Sangkha

Then you are very lucky.

There are no visas that allow employment. A work permit is what enables you to work.

My O visa has "employment prohibited" written on it. My work permit overides that prohibition.

Retirement extensions should prohibit employment. I would imagine that something has been done at the Labour office or they have missed it. You are the only person I know of, out of about 11, that has not had to change. Maybe they will ask next year.If you do have to change reason for extension then it is easy to do.

They are trying to close the loopholes at the national level. With the new regulations about all teachers needing a degree; something which Immigration are now enforcing, they are trying to stop people working on "Os" full stop. Some labour offices will not issue a work permit on a marriage extension.

There was a time when the work permit and extension were tied together, and the expiry dates would be the same. The process now is that you apply for and receive the work permit first. The work permit will be issued upto end of contract date. You can, therefore, work on a multi entry O and only have to apply for a work permit once a year. Under the old system the extension was done first and the work permit would be issued up to that date, meaning that those on a multi entry would have to apply for a work permit every 90 days.

Then you are very lucky.

There are no visas that allow employment. A work permit is what enables you to work.

My O visa has "employment prohibited" written on it. My work permit overides that prohibition.

Retirement extensions should prohibit employment. I would imagine that something has been done at the Labour office or they have missed it. You are the only person I know of, out of about 11, that has not had to change. Maybe they will ask next year.If you do have to change reason for extension then it is easy to do.

They are trying to close the loopholes at the national level. With the new regulations about all teachers needing a degree; something which Immigration are now enforcing, they are trying to stop people working on "Os" full stop. Some labour offices will not issue a work permit on a marriage extension.

There was a time when the work permit and extension were tied together, and the expiry dates would be the same. The process now is that you apply for and receive the work permit first. The work permit will be issued upto end of contract date. You can, therefore, work on a multi entry O and only have to apply for a work permit once a year. Under the old system the extension was done first and the work permit would be issued up to that date, meaning that those on a multi entry would have to apply for a work permit every 90 days.

My Work Permit is always valid for 2 years.

Then you are very lucky.

I thoroughly checked the situation out beforehand and (as mentioned) asked the Visa Guru's of ThaiVisa who provided evidence that its in order and indeed possible. The one thing I did not want to do is anything 'dodgy' and endanger my life here in paradise.

I thoroughly checked the situation out beforehand and (as mentioned) asked the Visa Guru's of ThaiVisa who provided evidence that its in order and indeed possible. The one thing I did not want to do is anything 'dodgy' and endanger my life here in paradise.

I'm sorry if you felt I was implying that something "dodgy" had been done, as I wasn't.

I was only speaking from experience over the 15 years that I have been here teaching.In fact, not that long ago there was a 55+ guy that came to teach at the school where I am. He was on a retirement extension. Buriram labour office refused a work permit. I contacted MOL in Din Deang, Bangkok and they said "No". I too tried Thai Visa and Mario, Litebeer and Lopburi all said it was unlikely.

Seems to be a grey area.

Also you can work with a work permit on a type O visa a long your visa does not have work prohibited stamp on it !

My friend who works for Phuket imagration told me this and he works there with a O visa .

Some they stamp some they don't !

So if your O visa does not have that stamp work prohibited in it ,you can apply for a work permit on a 1 year multy entry type O visa .

Back