Shity way to end the day.

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member
The wife and I just spent the day in Surin at 4 DIY stores. If that was not bad enough the road construction and traffic jams about Surin are on par with BK, Sin City and CNX it sucks. The final was about 7 km south of Prasat on the 214 highway at about 530 pm. A seriously bad wreck.
11673_835506826496864_8186233270348234828_n.jpg

10985418_835506843163529_4260358999296170514_n.jpg

1017763_835506799830200_1659309550540274271_n.jpg

As we pulled up to it we could tell it had just happened and was able to get from a hysterical lady that the right front tyre had blown on the truck causing the driver to lose control and crash into the bridge. What is not shown is what is on the back side of the truck. After a moment or two letting other traffic by the wife was able to pull just past the truck and it was sicking. The truck losing control served across the lane and hit a motor bike with two young boys about 14. One boy was on his back spread eagle with nobody looking after him, he was not moving. The second boy about 10 feet from his friend was setting upright thrashing about in pain, covered from the head down in blood. He was being held by another two hysterical ladies. My wife said she knew the one lady and the truck as her husband was a BIB in Kap Choeng. The wife tried to stop to get the two boys in our truck and take to Prasat but just as she pulled over off the road a Police truck with two policemen inside just happen to pull up heading towards Prasat. I could saw both boys being put in the bed of the police truck at which time she agreed there was nothing more to do do. I hope I'm wrong but I'm sure there is at least one dead.

Last edited:
The way things go. I don't think this was caused by a blow out. I am surprised it does not happen more often. Come to think of it, probably does.

The pickup was probably overtaking and if this occurs on one of those narrow bridges there is no where for a motor cyclist to go and the consequences are catastrophic.

He obviously forgot to flash his high beams to get everyone out of his way, and widen the road.

Please pardon my dry wit, on which is really quite tragic really.

Mind you blow outs do happen,
If this indeed does happen at high speed to a front tyre remember the best thing to do is. NOTHING. That's right nothing. Don't move the steering wheel or touch the brakes. The car will stop on its own.

Blowouts can be frightening, especially if you have never had one.

I don't think many Thais even know what happens in a blowout and would absolutely crap themselves if they experienced one.

I try to impress on my wife how a bowout would affect her and what to do but I doubt she will remember my advice if she ever has one.

Blowouts can be frightening, especially if you have never had one.

I don't think many Thais even know what happens in a blowout and would absolutely crap themselves if they experienced one.

I try to impress on my wife how a bowout would affect her and what to do but I doubt she will remember my advice if she ever has one.

I am not sure I would know either.

Back