shuttle Buri Ram to Surin

whoppr78

Any suggestions on reliable shuttle service from airport.I see Buriram Expats service,looks ok.I'm always wary about mini vans and companies because of all the horror stories I,ve read about drunk,unsafe and unreliable services.

If I may I will update you with my experience to date. I have not flown from Buriram as yet although I am booked to do so on 8th April returning from Bangkok on 10th April. Firstly, with Nok Air you can book to travel from Bangkok to Surin and Surin to Bangkok. This includes a fly'n'ride ticket with the leg between Satuk airport and Surin completed by a VIP air-conditioned bus. Air Asia have also started a service between Bangkok and Satuk (Buriram) but this does not include any busing from Satuk to Surin.

When I looked at prices last week the Air Asia was just over 2,000 Baht each way. I did not book Air Asia because of the lack of a bus link between Satuk and Surin. In contrast Nok Air was some 1,237 (NOK ECO) or 2,825 (NOK FLEXI). This includes 400 Baht for the busing to or from Satuk - Surin.

Please note that NOK ECO, if available, is not flexible and once booked that is it - if you want to change flights/days it will cost you another air ticket although the bus element is moveable without cost. On the other hand the NOK FLEXI is fully changeable without any additional cost. The cost of tickets does vary slightly according to which day of the week you are traveling. I was able to get one ECO fare and one full price ticket one week in advance of travel.

Procedure for Nok Air Surin/Satuk/Bangkok:

Check-in at the Majestic Hotel 30 minutes before bus departure. Check-in at 13.30 for a 14.00 departure. The bus gets to Satuk at 15.30 for a flight that departs at 17.40. This arrives at Bangkok at 18.35. Total elapsed time of 5 hours and 5 minutes at a cost of some 1,200 Baht. Free baggage allowance is 15 kgs. If you have more you will have to pay for it and you can do so when you book on-line.

In contrast, Surin - Bangkok by NCA Gold Class Service will cost you 389 Baht with a journey time around 6 hours and 30 minutes by day, 5 hours and 30 minutes by night. There is no limit on how much baggage you can carry. Furthermore, you may change your booking at anytime and at no additional charge.

My return flight with Nok Air was some 4,200 Baht (all taxes included). Had I been able to get 2 ECO fares it would have been significantly cheaper. A return journey by bus is only 778 Baht. The elapsed travel time is pretty much the same although your destination in Bangkok is different. You pays your money and you take your choice.

icon7.png

The Air Asia flight can be as low as 390baht, but since there is some involvement with Buriram FC, on match days, and race car days the flights are significantly more expensive.

The Air Asia flight can be as low as 390baht, but since there is some involvement with Buriram FC, on match days, and race car days the flights are significantly more expensive.

And its all being subsidized by home boy. When he stops AA stops.

So, if I book a NOK ECO ticket and have to change dates by buying another ticket, it will still be cheaper than the NOK Flexi fare?

So, if I book a NOK ECO ticket and have to change dates by buying another ticket, it will still be cheaper than the NOK Flexi fare?

Yes it will. I will confess that is what I had to do. I wanted to change the return flight which was the full price flexi fare but the aircraft was fully booked for the following day. So I had to change the outgoing flight, the cheap fare, and travel a day earlier.

Back