SIAM COMMERCIAL BANK New Savings Account

Prakhonchai Nick

You chose a custom title
This morning my wife tried to open a savings account at the Prakhonchai Branch. She was refused as her telephone which the cashier insisted on looking at, was apparently not registered in her name (It is a family phone) She returned home for different phone and was back at SCB before 9.30am Once again she was rejected, as the phone did not have internet access!!!!!!

I was not aware that a phone was a requirement to open a basic bank account with ATM, let alone one with internet access. She was then told that if she returned with a phone with internet access there would be a delay of several hours, as seemingly many folk wanted new accounts (did they have phones with internet access I wonder!)

Since the account book was needed by 12 noon for a large business transaction, the only option was to go to Buriram. No problem there. Account opened speedily WITH NO PHONE NEEDED!!!!!!!!!

Now waiting for a reply to my complaint from SCB Head Office, with a claim for compensation, unnecessary expense and time wasting due to the incompetence of the Prakhonchai employees. Should I perhaps raise the problem with the big boss? :grinning:

This morning my wife tried to open a savings account at the Prakhonchai Branch. She was refused as her telephone which the cashier insisted on looking at, was apparently not registered in her name (It is a family phone) She returned home for different phone and was back at SCB before 9.30am Once again she was rejected, as the phone did not have internet access!!!!!!

I was not aware that a phone was a requirement to open a basic bank account with ATM, let alone one with internet access. She was then told that if she returned with a phone with internet access there would be a delay of several hours, as seemingly many folk wanted new accounts (did they have phones with internet access I wonder!)

Since the account book was needed by 12 noon for a large business transaction, the only option was to go to Buriram. No problem there. Account opened speedily WITH NO PHONE NEEDED!!!!!!!!!

Now waiting for a reply to my complaint from SCB Head Office, with a claim for compensation, unnecessary expense and time wasting due to the incompetence of the Prakhonchai employees. Should I perhaps raise the problem with the big boss? :grinning:
SIAM COMMERCIAL BANK IS FORKED UP.

Farangs!!

Always bloody moaning....

Phones are needed for OTPs...........................good to see progress being made.........................tap and go next :smirk:
Typical Bank Managers response! Only read half the facts!:(

OTP's indeed needed for internet banking. But in this case no internet banking required. Just basic banking and ATM use! Got there in the end in Buriram, no phone wanted - but not with the PKC yokels! ;;unhappy;;

Both @Prakhonchai Nick and @Yorky seem to be having big problems with banking systems. Touch wood, I have no problem with Bangkok Bank, and both my Online banking account and ATM card work very well 24/7. I just hope I have not spoken too soon.

Typical Bank Managers response! Only read half the facts!:(

OTP's indeed needed for internet banking. But in this case no internet banking required. Just basic banking and ATM use! Got there in the end in Buriram, no phone wanted - but not with the PKC yokels! ;;unhappy;;

Ha Ha ....you are part of those Yokels! :wink:

Typical Yokel, trying to sort something out at the 11th hour.

Ha Ha ....you are part of those Yokels! :wink:

Typical Yokel, trying to sort something out at the 11th hour.
Never had an issue with SCB--the only bank I use.
Got all my requirements set up, including internet banking--fast, 100% tracable, all good with the Ferret.

Both @Prakhonchai Nick and @Yorky seem to be having big problems with banking systems. Touch wood, I have no problem with Bangkok Bank, and both my Online banking account and ATM card work very well 24/7. I just hope I have not spoken too soon.

I had only had three problems with the Bangkok Bank in Surin; one they would not allow me to have internet banking without a work permit; two they closed my account illegally following a letter from an English solicitor and three they would not cancel my "lost" ATM card without a letter from the Singapore police.

Back