Sisaket Restaurants

Discussion in 'Sisaket Area' started by Cent, Mar 31, 2013.

1. Ivor the Engine

Ivor the Engine Nowhere man

After a break, there will be another (SSK) Freelife bike show later this year BTW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deerculler and mahdam like this.
  2. Ivor the Engine

After a health scare, Peter & Ammy’s Hong Kong Garden re-opened this week.
    It’s been redecorated with a ‘60/70’s (vinyl) Music theme. LP cover adorn the walls and peters extensive LP collection with high-end equipment, is available for customers pleasure.
    All the same fantastic foods&beers are still available including (IMO) the best pizza’s in town.

Deerculler, Cent and Coffee like this.
  3. NongFrank

NongFrank SPONSOR

4. Ivor the Engine

5. Ivor the Engine

There are a couple of new places opened recently. One, I’ve tried is ‘Turkey’ Kebab & fries shop on the same side/road as Leo’s Bar. The chicken kebab was very nice (@49b) and the only place doing them in SSK(I think). Although 49b also, the French fries are very good and a reasonable size portion too.

The other new place is ‘Burger Game’. It’s on the Ubon Road, left side just past X Soeed bike shop. (Not tried it yet).

Finally, there is a new market also on Ubon Road next to PTT station called ‘U-Turn Market’. It’s got a nice modern bar area and lots of options for cheap food BBQ/Ribs/Desserts/fruit drinks, to name a few.

6. Ivor the Engine

This place is now called ‘Jikko’s Cafe’ and it’s still good. Hope Herr Frankie doesn’t mind me showing everyone his dance moves!!
    [​IMG]

Rice, Cent and georgefromcanada like this.
  7. Coffee

Coffee Surin Dinosaur

Appears he was conducting the orchestra. ;)

8. Ivor the Engine

SSK Update,
    kebab place is permanently within ‘U Turn market’ now only.
    ‘Burger Game’ closed after 1month.
    Hong Kong Garden are to try a few new items including home-made Cumberland Hot-Dogs for ONLY 35b each or 3 for 100b. Delicious, as I tried one last night!
    [​IMG]

NongFrank likes this.
  9. Ivor the Engine

Both places now shut down. Kebab people have moved within the U Turn market.

10. Ivor the Engine

Changed hands again and unfortunately just a shadow of its former self! Shame!

11. Ivor the Engine

New items on the menu now, following getting stuff regularly from Nookie now!

12. Ivor the Engine

Kebab place seems to have closed at U-turn market. I was there last night.

13. Ivor the Engine

Cuckoo’s Nest has closed down now. The owner (American Brian) has built a house on family land just outside of town and it’s veranda is sort-of a new watering-hole.
    Wish him well!

That leaves Leo’s restaurant & Hong Kong Garden as the only farang places available now.

gotlost likes this.
  14. Merlin

Merlin Surin Founding Father

We had a good lunch today at the new Cuckoo's Nest. Looking great, and Brian's B-I-L has an excellent hydroponic vegetable "farm" on the premises. There's a big menu, with plenty of western dishes to choose from at fair prices. DON'T use the Facebook map as it will take you back to the old place. Use Google maps instead and that'll take you to the door. Pass Big C heading out of Sisaket towards Surin and make the second U-turn back towards town. After a few hundred metres, there's a sign for the Cuckoo's Nest at the end of a Soi on the left. Turn into the Soi, and the restaurant is down there on the left after 100 metres or so, behind a wide fenced gateway. Sorry for the lack of photos - see www.facebook.com/SisaketCuckoo/ for other people's images.

15. Ivor the Engine

Both Godung24 and Dyna Steakhouse are no longer open. Both places have builders converting the 2 premises. Unsure into what????

New | Recent