Sisaket Restaurants

After a health scare, Peter & Ammy’s Hong Kong Garden re-opened this week.
It’s been redecorated with a ‘60/70’s (vinyl) Music theme. LP cover adorn the walls and peters extensive LP collection with high-end equipment, is available for customers pleasure.
All the same fantastic foods&beers are still available including (IMO) the best pizza’s in town.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There are a couple of new places opened recently. One, I’ve tried is ‘Turkey’ Kebab & fries shop on the same side/road as Leo’s Bar. The chicken kebab was very nice (@49b) and the only place doing them in SSK(I think). Although 49b also, the French fries are very good and a reasonable size portion too. NOW IN U TURN MARKET

The other new place is ‘Burger Game’. It’s on the Ubon Road, left side just past X Soeed bike shop. (Not tried it yet).
CLOSED
Finally, there is a new market also on Ubon Road next to PTT station called ‘U-Turn Market’. It’s got a nice modern bar area and lots of options for cheap food BBQ/Ribs/Desserts/fruit drinks, to name a few.

Last edited by a moderator:
The young Thai slide guitar player/singer is awesome (thursdays>Sundays).
Highly recommended!

This place is now called ‘Jikko’s Cafe’ and it’s still good. Hope Herr Frankie doesn’t mind me showing everyone his dance moves!!
1f82f95eceee04003447563a1cda5a84.jpg

There are a couple of new places opened recently. One, I’ve tried is ‘Turkey’ Kebab & fries shop on the same side/road as Leo’s Bar. The chicken kebab was very nice (@49b) and the only place doing them in SSK(I think). Although 49b also, the French fries are very good and a reasonable size portion too.

The other new place is ‘Burger Game’. It’s on the Ubon Road, left side just past X Soeed bike shop. (Not tried it yet).

Finally, there is a new market also on Ubon Road next to PTT station called ‘U-Turn Market’. It’s got a nice modern bar area and lots of options for cheap food BBQ/Ribs/Desserts/fruit drinks, to name a few.

SSK Update,
kebab place is permanently within ‘U Turn market’ now only.
‘Burger Game’ closed after 1month.
Hong Kong Garden are to try a few new items including home-made Cumberland Hot-Dogs for ONLY 35b each or 3 for 100b. Delicious, as I tried one last night!
c3ea3c186d99ae2837dce44a31502124.jpg

There are a couple of new places opened recently. One, I’ve tried is ‘Turkey’ Kebab & fries shop on the same side/road as Leo’s Bar. The chicken kebab was very nice (@49b) and the only place doing them in SSK(I think). Although 49b also, the French fries are very good and a reasonable size portion too.

Both places now shut down. Kebab people have moved within the U Turn market.

SSK Update,
kebab place is permanently within ‘U Turn market’ now only.
‘Burger Game’ closed after 1month.
Hong Kong Garden are to try a few new items including home-made Cumberland Hot-Dogs for ONLY 35b each or 3 for 100b. Delicious, as I tried one last night!
c3ea3c186d99ae2837dce44a31502124.jpg

New items on the menu now, following getting stuff regularly from Nookie now!

Cuckoo’s Nest has closed down now. The owner (American Brian) has built a house on family land just outside of town and it’s veranda is sort-of a new watering-hole.
Wish him well!

That leaves Leo’s restaurant & Hong Kong Garden as the only farang places available now.

We had a good lunch today at the new Cuckoo's Nest. Looking great, and Brian's B-I-L has an excellent hydroponic vegetable "farm" on the premises. There's a big menu, with plenty of western dishes to choose from at fair prices. DON'T use the Facebook map as it will take you back to the old place. Use Google maps instead and that'll take you to the door. Pass Big C heading out of Sisaket towards Surin and make the second U-turn back towards town. After a few hundred metres, there's a sign for the Cuckoo's Nest at the end of a Soi on the left. Turn into the Soi, and the restaurant is down there on the left after 100 metres or so, behind a wide fenced gateway. Sorry for the lack of photos - see www.facebook.com/SisaketCuckoo/ for other people's images.

We had a good lunch today at the new Cuckoo's Nest. Looking great, and Brian's B-I-L has an excellent hydroponic vegetable "farm" on the premises. There's a big menu, with plenty of western dishes to choose from at fair prices. DON'T use the Facebook map as it will take you back to the old place. Use Google maps instead and that'll take you to the door. Pass Big C heading out of Sisaket towards Surin and make the second U-turn back towards town. After a few hundred metres, there's a sign for the Cuckoo's Nest at the end of a Soi on the left. Turn into the Soi, and the restaurant is down there on the left after 100 metres or so, behind a wide fenced gateway. Sorry for the lack of photos - see www.facebook.com/SisaketCuckoo/ for other people's images.
Believe it’s closed for next (around) 7 days.

Sorry, don’t know if it’s a holiday or????

Believe it’s closed for next (around) 7 days.

Sorry, don’t know if it’s a holiday or????

They were off on a 10 day vacation. Back now and open for business.

Posted on Facebook an hour ago.

Brian JacobsontoCuckoo's Nest Pub & Grub
Srisaket ·
Lamb Donor Kebabs are back at the Nest in Sisaket.
Special this week.
130g of delicious Lamb, fresh shredded Lettuce, Cabbage, Onion, and Tomato, stuffed in Pita bread or wrapped in a tortilla. Your choice of our Garlic Dill Mayonnaise, our house salad dressing, or plain Mayonnaise and served with Fries. Just 220 baht.

Lamb Donor Kebabs กลับมาที่ Nest in Sisaket
พิเศษสุดสัปดาห์นี้
เนื้อแกะแสนอร่อย 130 กรัม, ผักกาด, ผักกาดขาว, หัวหอมและมะเขือเทศ, ยัดไส้ด้วยขนมปัง Pita หรือห่อในตอร์Lamb Donor Kebabs กลับมาที่ Nest in Sisaket
พิเศษสุดสัปดาห์นี้
เนื้อแกะแสนอร่อย 130 กรัม, ผักกาดดอง, ผักกาดขาว, หัวหอมและมะเขือเทศ, ยัดไส้ด้วยขนมปัง Pita หรือห่อในตอร์ตียา ทางเลือกของคุณสำหรับมายองเนสกระเทียมของเราน้ำสลัดบ้านหรือมายองเนสธรรมดาของเราและเสิร์ฟพร้อมเฟรนช์ฟรายส์ เพียง 220 บาทยา ทางเลือกของคุณสำหรับมายองเนสกระเทียมของเราน้ำสลัดบ้านหรือมายองเนสธรรมดาของเราและเสิร์ฟพร้อมเฟรนช์ฟรายส์ เพียง 220 บาท

See Translation
— feeling hungry with Rungthip Aew Kanlayarat at Cuckoo's Nest Pub & Grub.

We're back from our holiday and will be ready to serve you at 12:00 tomorrow, Sunday 19.
We hope to see you soon.

Just a random update on places previously mentioned and a few new ones too.

1. GODUNG 24 is still open and quite popular for food,drink & live music.

2. DYNA steakhouse is now called Dyna/Jinkoo's. Now reopened but not been there so cannot comment.

3. OLD TOWN restaurant has been closed for about 3 years but has reopened this week as COME Vietnamese restaurant. Trying it tonight!!!! Reviews look promising!

4. JINKOO'S bar/restaurant is now called VIJITT bar. Food just OK but has live music&beers.

5. U TURN market is a popular haunt for the younger set. Food/drink& live music available.

6. CLUB22 is a more hiso venue for food/drink & live music. They also have a club/disco that opens between 10pm to 3 am!! Busy 7 days a week!

7.I BAR has reopened and is still as noisy as before!

8. CAFE DE TREE has 3 floors of bars/restaurant with live music & (new) pool table on floor 3.

9. LEOS is now on the Ubon Rd and has an excellent range of beers and food. Very popular!

Last edited:
@Ivor the Engine OLD TOWN restaurant has been closed for about 3 years but has reopened this week as COME Vietnamese restaurant. Trying it tonight!!!! Reviews look promising!

We had lunch there today. 750 baht for a Leo, a soup, a vietnamese sub and a very small piece of bar bq pork.

The restaurant is very nicely decorated with lots of great selfie spots.

The food was poor at best and priced outrageously. My wife loved getting her picture taken there and I have no reason to ever return.

A vietnamese sub is not made with lettuce, a hot dog bun and mayonnaise,any semblance to vietnamese food is coincidental.

Back