Six injured as pickup slides into bus in Si Sa Ket

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member
Six injured as pickup slides into bus in Si Sa Ket

By The Nation

Six passengers were injured when a pickup truck knocked their bus off the road and into a tree in Si Sa Ket on Tuesday morning.

Police said the accident occurred at 6.30am at an intersection on Highway 225 in Muang Si Sa Ket.

The bus was transporting 13 passengers from Bangkok to Ubon Ratchathani. The injured were taken to Si Sa Ket Hospital.

6b9966cd41e0cacb657c7692dc45a4e8.jpeg

Bus driver Thanya Wongbutta, 47, told police he’d just started across the intersection after the light turned green and the pickup rammed the front right side of his vehicle.

Pickup driver Damrong Phonengern, 54, blamed a slippery road surface.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30337502

-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-01-30

Well that answers that question. I just saw the bus being towed through Sikhoraphum about an hour ago.

...though "a truck knocked them off the road" and most likely the pickup truck was at fault "due to a slippery road [surface]".

NCA buses may be regarded as the safest of all buses in Thailand, BUT I have regularly found that the Korat to Ubon/Surin buses hog the outside lane of dual carriageways. on the 24.

NCA buses may be regarded as the safest of all buses in Thailand, BUT I have regularly found that the Korat to Ubon/Surin buses hog the outside lane of dual carriageways. on the 24.

Habit.....from the days when the inside lane condition was lethal.

In fairness, those NCA buses go faster than most rural Thais in the outside lane

Habit.....from the days when the inside lane condition was lethal.

In fairness, those NCA buses go faster than most rural Thais in the outside lane

I have no objection to vehicles staying in the outside lane when the inner lane is somewhat bumpy, BUT they must use their mirrors constantly, and move to the innerr lane when it is clear that a vehicle behind will be overtaking.. Most drivers however do not know what their rearview mirrors are for (apart from applying make-up).

I have no objection to vehicles staying in the outside lane when the inner lane is somewhat bumpy, BUT they must use their mirrors constantly, and move to the innerr lane when it is clear that a vehicle behind will be overtaking.. Most drivers however do not know what their rearview mirrors are for (apart from applying make-up).
Dream on Nick.......Nearly all the NCA buses that ply along the 24 hog the outside lane,,,,,flashing your lights has no effect except sometimes it prompts them to flash their offside indicator

Back