Solar Pump Project for Primary School

I think they are available on the road (226) to Big C coming from Robinson's. Go past the traffic lights (right turn for town center) and just before the left turn into Big C, and the traffic lights at the T junction, there is a shop with solar panels on display.

View attachment 25851
Thanks Nomad. I have never noticed that there are any solar panel shop. I will have a look when I come home next week.

Terrific initiative, Bandersnatch! Well done Sir!

WaterAid is a charity that helps provide water in difficult circumstances. I know a senior exec in their Nepal HQ, and wonder if you might be interested in extending your project to other schools in this area, perhaps with help from the charity? Please feel free to PM me.

think they are available on the road (226) to Big C

Visited today. They do have stock of 320w solar panels, but they are selling them for ฿5,500 compared to www.facebook.com/kksolarcell who are selling them for ฿3,900. They also had the same submersible solar pump and controller that I have on my own land that I bought from KK Solar, but I didn't ask the price. The biggest inverter, they sell is 1kw. Not a word of English was spoken and they also just sell and do not offer any after sales support. KK has perfect English and could not have been more helpful after I got my first pump home.

jC6Eyv1.jpg

8x6g3YC.jpg

The other solar shop in Surin is on the way to immigration, so I will try to find it when I report next week.

Last edited:
Visited today. They do have stock of 320w solar panels, but they are selling them for ฿5,500 compared to www.facebook.com/kksolarcell who are selling them for ฿3,900. They also had the same submersible solar pump and controller that I have on my own land that I bought from KK Solar, but I didn't ask the price. The biggest inverter, they sell is 1kw. Not a word of English was spoken and they also just sell and do not offer any after sales support. KK has perfect English and could not have been more helpful after I got my first pump home.

jC6Eyv1.jpg

8x6g3YC.jpg

Looks like they have the proper kit. I just marked their FB page.:D

jC6Eyv1.jpg

8x6g3YC.jpg

The other solar shop in Surin is on the way to immigration, so I will try to find it when I report next week.

I must be blind on both eyes and more.

I was recently in the tv shop next door and bought a new remote control. But I did not notice that shop.
Anyway, its not that far to Krasang, and with better price and good English knowledge, I think it will be worth the trip.

hm9pfHF.jpg

On a recent visit to my local Primary school in Salakdai, I noticed the students watering a dry patch of dirt. I was told that they were trying to grow some vegetables.

2chKeU3.jpg

adVkZyq.jpg

That was very sweet and generous of you @Bandersnatch . Seriously good on you for your effort.

Where exactly around Salakdai is the primary school ?
(Is it located northwest of and adjacent to a wat ?)

Note: The ferrying of water from the pond to that patch of dirt was probably their physical education program, ya think ? :p 555 (Possibly it really was. :kissing: )

I did say I would investigate the other solar shop in Surin when I went to do my 90 days.

FaceBook: https://www.facebook.com/buachetsolarcell/
Google Maps: https://goo.gl/maps/UZQWyQLUaDy

The main guy is called Tam and he is an engineer who has worked in Japan. His English is excellent. He knows KK Solar in Buriram and says he cannot compete with him on price, as KK buys more panels than him and can get a lower price. However, Tam said he was happy for me to buy my solar components anywhere and he can help with the installation and maintenance, which is exactly what I was looking for ::smile::

RfdkpEH.jpg

Back