Stafford's Prasat changes hands ...

Just to clarify a few things and cut through various bits of bullshit and speculation, Gary has sold to a young Englishman..... Ronnie and his good lady
The baking (excellent bread, buns etc along with pies, pasties sausage rolls, sausages, burgers, Indian curries, sweets, etc etc etc) will carry on as before and Ronnie will try to introduce new lines as and when. The bar is open as was before and he hopes to enhance. Gary is still around and assisting the new owners for a week or three to ensure a smooth transition and maintain the highs standards he has created and then wants to take a well earned rest with his exceptionally hard working wife
As for the shelf goods..... everyone seems to get supplies on-line or deliveries from many sources and visiting friends so his business model said enough is enough so he keeps a few essentials now for regulars. Up to Robbie if he wants to have full shelves of xyz
I have the blessing to give you a few facts from around this area as I know all these guys for a long time. Also Geoff did sell his Leelawadee business on 1st Feb to Maurice (Italian) and Wan. Geoff is on a sabbatical with various irons in the fire (he says). The opening party with Thai Joe and band and dancing ladies was tonight and a huge success. The Leelawadee resort I am told repeatedly is good value at 400 Thb for a/c room, clean and tidy and food at the bar next door. Lots of guys showed up from Prachonchai and all had a great time
Hope this helps a bit. As far as websites are concerned? hmmmm..... not everyone can do
Many apologies that I confused his name. It is is Robbie and the Staffords brand will stay. I have a number if admin or anyone wish to contact me

I'm not sure if it is actually your business sir, but think, but am not entirely sure that it is proposed to keep the name as is with the same business module. I will know later today for sure and have a phone number if admin wish to contact me

You can always put me on ignore.:rolleyes::D

Just had an update from my on the seen reporter. BTW he is an ex Prasat venue owner,Aussie and is on an O-A from Canberra.:rolleyes: Gary sold out some two weeks back to an English block about 22 years old who is trying to get his squeeze a visa to the UK. :rolleyes:My source was in the shop this week and he did see Gary as he is still about. Food was still being sold but as I said the shop looked like Old Mother Hubbard Cupboards. :(Also I have been informed that the Leelawadee has been sold again and this time to an Italian gent who is all ready remodeling.:D
The Italian guy took over 1st February

Called in Staffords this morning on the way back from KC.
Both Gary and Robbie (the new guy) were there and were friendly and chatting.
As GL said very few dry goods for sale but the freezers were well stocked with bread products, pies, sausages etc.
For @Merlin a lady (Robbies wife?) told me they were baking pork pies later today.
Robbie said he will shortly start Sunday lunches

Called in Staffords this morning on the way back from KC.
Both Gary and Robbie (the new guy) were there and were friendly and chatting.
As GL said very few dry goods for sale but the freezers were well stocked with bread products, pies, sausages etc.
For @Merlin a lady (Robbies wife?) told me they were baking pork pies later today.
Robbie said he will shortly start Sunday lunches
Thanks for the posative report Collin ...

Sent from my SM-A605G using Tapatalk

I called in today on the way back from KC to find 3 well-stocked freezers full of various pies (including pork pies Colin!) and bread. Robbie said that the limited range of dry goods will probably be increased before very long. Happy days!

FYI @ Merlin as you enjoy a good pork pie Benny at Krasang Bakery's pork (and chicken) pies are very good.
His bread is also excellent.
He is often in Surin on a Friday and I arrange a meet up to collect my order.

Has anyone any updated information? Particularly regarding the porkie pies?

They're made and baked by them, and frequently! Robbie says that they sell out very fast - almost as fast as they can make them.

Back