Staffords Update

Merlin

You chose a custom title
We called at Staffords yesterday, on the way back to Surin from SI only to find that there was virtually nothing there except the very nice (but expensive) bread.

While waiting to order some lunch, SWMBO and I agreed that the place looked run down and on its last legs.

Rob and his wife no longer run the place, but have let it to a Thai lady who has kept the food menus available, or some of the items anyway. My sausage sandwich was ok but a bit small. The bar has very few bottles left now, and there are no dry goods to be seen. The freezers have some pies in them (no pork pies any more - but the last ones that I had were very poor anyway, and way overpriced.)

The Thai lady will be doing a free buffet on Friday, but we won't go the distance from Surin. She said that quite a few expats still go there on Fridays (for the free food?) but we and a scruffy dog were the only ones there during our visit.

I doubt that we'll go back there, even if it does manage to stay open. Shame really.

We called at Staffords yesterday, on the way back to Surin from SI only to find that there was virtually nothing there except the very nice (but expensive) bread.

While waiting to order some lunch, SWMBO and I agreed that the place looked run down and on its last legs.

Rob and his wife no longer run the place, but have let it to a Thai lady who has kept the food menus available, or some of the items anyway. My sausage sandwich was ok but a bit small. The bar has very few bottles left now, and there are no dry goods to be seen. The freezers have some pies in them (no pork pies any more - but the last ones that I had were very poor anyway, and way overpriced.)

The Thai lady will be doing a free buffet on Friday, but we won't go the distance from Surin. She said that quite a few expats still go there on Fridays (for the free food?) but we and a scruffy dog were the only ones there during our visit.

I doubt that we'll go back there, even if it does manage to stay open. Shame really.

Same report by I had from very good source a while back.:(

Back