Starbeam Restaurant - Coming Soon

Unless you are entertaining the odd large gathering, I'm guessing 20 seats will be plenty Mike. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Very true, then one of those tents outside can be hired daily, for an event like the Thai's get for a ceremony

You mean we can stick a tent up in the road and block traffic for no reason just to have a piss up. Cool3

How about this one.

trojan.preview.JPG

At the moment 2 9000 BTU Air Cons are being installed. So plenty of cooling power for the hot times. Painters should be done in the next day or two. Then we need to clean up from all the work, bring in the kitchen equipment and set it all up. Work out the kinks and quirks of the whole system, and we need to order and restock. Hope to open by the first AUG, but may need a few more days. I'll post here as it comes together and we get a firm opening date.

It'll be small but nice, with our usual foods, brews, wines and such. I'm looking forward to getting it up and running.

We've rented land across the street down two lots that will have ample parking for motocykes and cars/trucks (10?). Got a great deal on annual rent for the plot. That was the final thing needed really, as it is a small soi with hardly any parking space around.

Mike

Unless you are entertaining the odd large gathering, I'm guessing 20 seats will be plenty Mike. :)

My thoughts as well, FB. Starbeam's had seating for 40 inside on the first floor before, and seating for 12 more out front, as well as seating for 20 upstairs. But it wasn't just a restaurant before, but also a place to have a drink out front and watch the world go by, we had room to do live music and large gatherings. We won't have that option here due to size restraints. It, Starbeam Lek, will be an indoor restaurant, eat in and take away. With TV, WiFi, quiet ambient music, AC, parking, etc. I think it will be good for couples, small family dining, a few friends out to eat before heading to the bars/disco, etc. The earlier version was a bit of a party place with good food. Starbeam Lek will be more intimate dining I'd say.

You would not believe how many places we looked at over the past few months. Either the rents were very high (35,000 baht a month for one suitable place-though very big with 8 huge air cons. Imagine that electricity bill!), or there just weren't suitable places to rent at the lower/middle end, unsuitable for various reasons. One place we really hoped to get on the klong road we missed by a day. A guy rented it for an insurance office, which was odd as it was totally set up to be a restaurant and came with ALL the kitchen equipment and seating/tables, rooms needed. Would have been ideal, but it was promised first come and the guy took it before us. A shame really, as we could have really done something with that place with a good long lease.

So we decided on starting Starbeam Lek. It should fill a niche for those who liked our foods. We'll be open early for breakfast, Thai and western. Haven't decided on a day off yet. So we will be open every day once we open until we see what is the slowest day for us at the new location.

Mike

Good news, looking forward to some of those Mexican things.

:) That would be Quesadillas (4 styles), or Nacho chips and salsa, Cheese and Jalapeno Nachos, Nachos Supreme, and Nachos Grande. And, the Mexican Breakfast Burrito, a favorite of mine.

Mike

Where in Surin is it, Mike?

and do you want me to amend your title to Starbeam Lek?

Yes, the name will be Starbeam Lek restaurant. Thanks.

Location is in the soi directly across the klong from the Haikuzo Japanese restaurant, which is next to the Goodview restaurant. Soi Saboran 2. Inside the soi one block down on your left. I'll be taking pics of the soi sign, the corner, etc. And doing a map. As the klong road is now one way each side it is easy to find. We are basically on the opposite side of the klong from Lorenzino's and further down. Just past the Mind Kitchen is our soi. (Not the soi right next to the Mind Kitchen, but the next one down.)

Easier shown on a map and a couple pics.

Mike

Last edited:

Location is in the soi directly across the klong from the Haikuzo Japanese restaurant, which is next to the Goodview restaurant. Soi Saboran 2. Inside the soi one block down on your left. I'll be taking pics of the soi sign, the corner, etc. And doing a map. As the klong road is now one way each side it is easy to find. We are basically on the opposite side of the klong from Lorenzino's and further down. Just past the Mind Kitchen is our soi. (Not the soi right next to the Mind Kitchen, but the next one down.)

It's the happening side of town.
Big C
Tesco (ha ha)
Near Robinsons
Living Room
Haikuzo
And now Starbeams Lek

Just a pity the Post Office didn't relocate to that area

Big C
Tesco (ha ha)
Near Robinsons
Living Room
Haikuzo
And now Starbeams Lek

Excellent dentist there too - in the strange looking building.

Big C
Tesco (ha ha)
Near Robinsons
Living Room
Haikuzo
And now Starbeams Lek

Also:
Lorenzino's
Mind Kitchen
Monkey Coffee
GoodView

And the other side up the klong road has:

Green Terrace

And a few places next to them, another across the street from Green Terrace I haven't tried yet, and a new massage place next to Green Terrace as well.

Mike

It's called the Leelawadee Massage - very nicely done out inside and a very good massage. Thank you Karakara for the recommendation.

The reason I asked about outdoor area mike is I suffer in air con If it's to cold it does not agree with my chest .
But I guess it won't always be needed hey .

Back