Starbeam Restaurant - Surin City

The one time I went to Sunbeam, the Taxi driver first told us "Closed". We made him go anyway as Facebook showed it to be open. We must have driven up and down that highway looking for the turn-off 4 times before my niece demanded he turn HERE!. She'd indicated the turn-off once before, but his phone was telling him something else. Now I have a good idea what was happening.

-sterling
Google maps puts our GPS setting as
14.878261, 103.506903

Google maps puts our GPS setting as
14.878261, 103.506903
I think the major confusion for anybody that has never been there is that the soi is Boran 2. Which it implies it branches off Soi Boran. Which it does not.
How in heck did that happen that a building is across the end of the soi? Have you ever noticed it also sits on the theoretical intersection of the hole district.
It is very strange, but I seem to notice these things.

I think the major confusion for anybody that has never been there is that the soi is Boran 2. Which it implies it branches off Soi Boran. Which it does not.
How in heck did that happen that a building is across the end of the soi? Have you ever noticed it also sits on the theoretical intersection of the hole district.
It is very strange, but I seem to notice these things.
Actually it's off Soi Boran 1, with another entrance on the klong road. Street sign on the Klong road says Soi Boran 2. The next street down sign says Soi Boaran 1. Google Maps is correct and shows the streets if you blow up the map. The GPS on Google maps is on target. 14.878261, 103.506903I think the soi running next to the newer side entrance of the Surin Government Hospital is labeled on some maps as Soi Boran.

It actually is called the Ancient Alley soi. LOL 14°52'39.7"N 103°30'24.8"E

Helps me, but not much help to the dozens, or potentially hundreds of first time people trying to get there from the iMaps App.

-sterling
True, but that GPS has been on the Starbeam Facebook page for years. I've added it to more areas of the page. We get a lot of new customers, most saying they found us on TripAdvisor or Google business/Maps. If I could get that off the Apple maps I would. Will see if maybe GL will give it a go for me.

My wife and I went to Starbeams last week (Monday) and I enjoyed a very good Madras curry. She has a nice Thai dish, and we alos shared a large plate of Nachos with a bowl of hot salsa. All very good. So we decided to go back there with 4 friends last night on the basis of the good Indian curry, but were disappointed to be greeted by a closed door as the hosts were eating with friends and going off somewhere afterwards. I knew that Starbeams is always closed on Wednesdays, but hadn't seen anything to indicate they'd be closed last night too. A bit sad as the friends had driven a long distance to try the curry. We'll have to phone ahead next time, unless we see a notice on one or other of the Surin forums. Monday's treat was good enough to warrant another trip, but the spontaneity may be lost to another venue's benefit, as last night.

My wife and I went to Starbeams last week (Monday) and I enjoyed a very good Madras curry. She has a nice Thai dish, and we alos shared a large plate of Nachos with a bowl of hot salsa. All very good. So we decided to go back there with 4 friends last night on the basis of the good Indian curry, but were disappointed to be greeted by a closed door as the hosts were eating with friends and going off somewhere afterwards. I knew that Starbeams is always closed on Wednesdays, but hadn't seen anything to indicate they'd be closed last night too. A bit sad as the friends had driven a long distance to try the curry. We'll have to phone ahead next time, unless we see a notice on one or other of the Surin forums. Monday's treat was good enough to warrant another trip, but the spontaneity may be lost to another venue's benefit, as last night.
Sorry. Family stuff came up from Bangkok. They did post on Facebook. I'll try to start posting any closures outside of normal on here.

Starbeam's Restaurant will be closed the next three days due to some family business being done for some inherited land up north. Sorry for any inconvenience for our customers. Closed Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. We will reopen Thursday morning at our normal hours.

Back