Starbeams restaurant Pizza.the best around!

alanthebuilder

Administrator
Yesterday we went to Starbeams restaurant in Surin to try out his pizza and I must say it was really nice.
Starbeams is getting more popular by the day with lots of local people returning and also tourists. He has a good selection of beers and the breakfast is perfect, and the Thai food is a favourite with my wife .I will defiantly be going back for more pizza .Also they will be serving Mexican food shortly.
Thanks Mike great Pizza Mate,O and before I forget the kitchen is spotlessly clean and passed my inspection with flying colours.

Attachments

• star 3.jpg
    star 3.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 19
  • star 2.jpg
    star 2.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 12
  • star 1.jpg
    star 1.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
I agree, I had one last week as a hangover cure!

The pizza's are really tasty and Star Beam has quickly become one of my favourite hang outs, thanks to Mike and his staff.
I always have a good time there
Gill

Yesterday we went to Starbeams restaurant in Surin to try out his pizza and I must say it was really nice.
Starbeams is getting more popular by the day with lots of local people returning and also tourists. He has a good selection of beers and the breakfast is perfect, and the Thai food is a favourite with my wife .I will defiantly be going back for more pizza .Also they will be serving Mexican food shortly.
Thanks Mike great Pizza Mate,O and before I forget the kitchen is spotlessly clean and passed my inspection with flying colours.

Alan,

I am glad you enjoyed your pizza. Thanks for letting us know. It's always good to hear back from the customers. Good to hear your wife enjoys the Thai food as well. That is what we wanted to do with this new restaurant, give the farangs and their wives and Thai friends a place to eat and drink and hang out that all can enjoy and have a nice choice of foods to offer all tastes. I saw over the many years I've been coming here and living here that my wife just did not enjoy the Thai foods on offer at many of the farang/western oriented restaurants. While the farang foods on offer were good the Thai foods seemed to be not to her taste usually (although she loves the Thai food at my fav Bangkok eatery - Bourbon Street Restaurant in Washington Square off Soi 22). Which made dining at times a bit of a hassle, unless I was wanting Thai food myself. I've heard this same complaint from my many friends and acquaintances with Thai wives over the years. This is why we started the new Starbeam Restaurant with western foods as well as the Thai food. Being able to have a pizza or other western food while your wife enjoys some of her favorite Thai fare just makes it so much easier and enjoyable for a dining out experience in my mind.

The Mex fare will start with just 2 dishes for the moment: our home-made corn tortilla chips and Mexican salsa (medium spicy or hot), and our cheese and jalepeno Nachos. When I am back from my upcoming trip to the states I will then add tacos, burritos, quesadillas, and a couple other dishes I have in store which I think many will enjoy. Good for something different now and then I think. I have more things planned that will be implemented as I have the time to train the staff on how to cook it and add these to the menu. Early September should see the introduction of the full Mexican menu items. While I am away in the states I will have the chance to buy some cooking utensils I need and cannot find here in Thailand that will help me be able to offer more foods I want to have. I do plan to start weekly specials as well. We'll see what works and what doesn't with these intended offerings in the future. We'll mix it up a bit to keep it fresh and to not get boring in our choices offered. Weekly special dishes I think will be the way to test these new offerings with our customers. What works and looks to be popular can be added to our menu, what doesn't can be discarded and something new started. At least that is my plan. We'll see how it goes.

Cheers, Alan. Was nice to chat with you the other night.

Mike/Cent

I agree, I had one last week as a hangover cure!

The pizza's are really tasty and Star Beam has quickly become one of my favourite hang outs, thanks to Mike and his staff.
I always have a good time there
Gill

Thanks Gillian. A hangover cure? :) Maybe I should patent that! 5555. My own hangover cure would be the vodka and tonics or spicy Bloody Marys. Deliciously cold and tasty with some hair of the dog that bit me. :)

It was good to see you and Patrick and your friends the other day out front. Thanks for coming, and we hope to see you again soon.

Cheers,

Mike/Cent

well I did accompany that with beer! hair of the dog always works

Have a good trip back to the States and see you when you get back
Gill

well I did accompany that with beer! hair of the dog always works

Have a good trip back to the States and see you when you get back
Gill

Gillian,

Bear told me in an e-mail you and your friends were at the restaurant the other day. Thanks for dropping by. I am glad people are frequenting the restaurant while I am away. More to come soon and other dishes I'll be adding to the menu you all can taste test once I am back in a couple weeks. Thanks, and glad you had a good time at Starbeam's.

Cheers,

Mike/Cent

I can not talk about his pizza, but I was there for a burger and it was also nice!!

Bart,

Some new burgers will go on sale on my return. I plan on doing some specialty burgers, different flavors and larger burger buns as well for the larger burgers. An Aussie burger, a Mexican burger (will come with jalapenos and salsa, black olives and sour cream), and a few other styles and flavors and sizes I have planned.

Will also try a new pizza dough, a wheat dough, after trying some here in the states I enjoyed. Not to replace my dough I use now, but as an addition to choices. I feel it would be good to have the wheat dough for a vegetarian style pizza. Nice flavor.

Mike/Cent

Back