Steves Coffee Corner Prakon Chai

Once you know that his surname is LOPEZ you will understand why the Mexican food is so good :smile:

I really need to get by there. I hear the food is great and I do love Mexican food. He has a good menu. Maybe a weekend tour in the next few weeks. Stop for breakfast at one place or another in Prasat, lunch at My Corner later with some drinks, then down to Ludo's for an overnight stay with dinner and drinks, then after breakfast at Ludo's over to Ryan's the next day for lunch and a lie by the pool with drinks. Dinner later at one of the other restaurants nearby, and then an overnight at Ryan's with nightcap/s. Drive sober as a judge back to Surin in the morning after breakfast (well maybe one Bloody Mary for a pick me up). What a great weekend in Surin Province that would be! :) Sounds like a plan man. 555555.

Mike

You're right, Aussie Bill, back to the original topic.

I looked at the Mexican menu and it looks terrific. I hope to get to Prakonchai and try out some of that delicious looking Mexican food and meet Steve and his team.

Yet another thread degenerates . . . . .

Just so people know, the place is now called "My Corner" I believe. Coffee Corner was Ray's name for his place, now sold to Steve, who renamed it My Corner. Just to relieve any confusion for people reading the thread who don't know of the change of ownership and name.

Mike

Just so people know, the place is now called "My Corner" I believe. Coffee Corner was Ray's name for his place, now sold to Steve, who renamed it My Corner. Just to relieve any confusion for people reading the thread who don't know of the change of ownership and name.

Mike

I think you will find the restaurant is still called Coffee Corner. Only the web-site has changed name

Anyone having difficulty finding the place should ask "Surin Farang!" Lost1

I think you will find the restaurant is still called Coffee Corner. Only the web-site has changed name

Ah, no signage change then? Would have thought that done already. :)

Mike

Nice website and great prices.

FISH and CHIPS 125 Baht
Beer Battered Fish and Crinkle Cut Chips with Garden Peas or Mushy Peas. Served with Tartar Sauce. Bread & Butter 10 Baht per slice.

691564e19e79d0045adca0e296550610_swe0.png

The name of the restaurant has changed to "My Corner" as depicted in the website and new menus.

The only thing that has not changed is the Coffee Corner signage/lettering on the side of the building. I guess this has not been a priority for Steven.

It was known as Coffee Corner for 3 years so any regulars will take some time to adjust to the change of name. In many ways the name is irrelevant - "Surin Farang" couldn't find it with a name, map, compass, co-ordinates and a St Bernard with a barrel of brandy !!

People know there is an established restaurant on that site providing, as Steven puts on his website, "Great Food, Great Service and Great Value"

The name of the restaurant has changed to "My Corner" as depicted in the website and new menus.

The only thing that has not changed is the Coffee Corner signage/lettering on the side of the building. I guess this has not been a priority for Steven.

It was known as Coffee Corner for 3 years so any regulars will take some time to adjust to the change of name. In many ways the name is irrelevant - "Surin Farang" couldn't find it with a name, map, compass, co-ordinates and a St Bernard with a barrel of brandy !!

People know there is an established restaurant on that site providing, as Steven puts on his website, "Great Food, Great Service and Great Value"

I remember him asking for directions all the time LOL

Did he ever get there ..:tongue:

Talked with Steve and his lovley wife of My Corner the other day at the Lemon Loung. Nice guy and wished him the best.

Surin to Prakhonchai is 63km - same distance either way. I used to call the road up towards Krasang the "short cut" until I found it was "same, same!"

Hola Senor Esteban y Senorita Lopez !

Great web-site with great pics !

I will definitely make a point of dropping in when transiting Prachonchai environs.

The Mexi-menu - mucho gusto !!!
Can't wait to try your homemade family-recipe salsas...mmmm.

Wishing you both well until we meet.

Buena dia !

Great web-site with great pics !

I will definitely make a point of dropping in when transiting Prachonchai environs.

The Mexi-menu - mucho gusto !!!
Can't wait to try your homemade family-recipe salsas...mmmm.

Wishing you both well until we meet.

Buena dia !

I can strongly recommend the Wet Burritos

It's about a 45 min drive .
A long way to grab a bite to eat to be honest .
I do often find myself in Buriram shopping for materials and so on so popping in to see Sebe is no big deal ,but I have no reason to go to Pracochai really .
And if I go to bangkok I normally set off real early and go straight through Khorat city center , it a lot faster than getting stuck behind trucks on the 24 .
Surin to Khorat 2.5 hours if I go round Buriram .
Maybe once my sister come we may have a visit at Ponamrung temple .
Might pop in then , but frozen peas frozen fish and frozen chips will not be my choice !
Mexican would be nice though

It's about a 45 min drive .
A long way to grab a bite to eat to be honest .
I do often find myself in Buriram shopping for materials and so on so popping in to see Sebe is no big deal ,but I have no reason to go to Pracochai really .
And if I go to bangkok I normally set off real early and go straight through Khorat city center , it a lot faster than getting stuck behind trucks on the 24 .
Surin to Khorat 2.5 hours if I go round Buriram .
Maybe once my sister come we may have a visit at Ponamrung temple .
Might pop in then , but frozen peas frozen fish and frozen chips will not be my choice !
Mexican would be nice though

From Nang Rong the 24 is totally 4 lanes. Can't get stuck behind trucks. Far quicker route to Bangkok than going to Khorat first.

Back