Stupid Norwegian pays CoCo's best friends 30,000baht,,,,after being forewarned

nookiebear

Cannot re - Member
A Nong Ki based Norwegian despite being forewarned brought 7 cartons of ciggies from Chom Chon & guess what............YES,he was ambushed by CoCo's best friends,the customs, & had to stump up 30,000baht..........Some thick fcukers about!

A Nong Ki based Norwegian despite being forewarned brought 7 cartons of ciggies from Chom Chon & guess what............YES,he was ambushed by CoCo's best friends,the customs, & had to stump up 30,000baht..........Some thick fcukers about!

Is he not a member of one of these forums? Silly beggar..

Is he not a member of one of these forums? Silly beggar..

95% of expats either are not members or do not use forums. On the on the other side you can lead a horse to water but you cant make them drink. I'm still laughing my arse off over this stupidity...LMAO1LMAO1

Presumably he bought them at the border ?

I have heard of others doing the same and being followed - one guy pulled at Prakhonchai traffic lights.

Som nom nar for him - one guy and 7 cartons. It should have cost him 56,100. If his wife was with him 46,750.

That is 850 Baht duty + 10x duty 8,500 = 9350 Baht per carton.

In my case 5 adults left the weekend Cambodian market with one carton each. My naivety was getting stopped with 2 adults in the car and 5 cartons. Should have cost 3 x 9,350 = 28,050 Baht, The missus managed to get it down to under 15,000 Baht..... and she got a receipt!

Bought at the border.............3 in the vehicle............7 cartons of Wonder Green...........
Rumour is he used to be a bank manager too!!:eek:ThumbUp6:rolleyes:

So what is the go with bringing smokes into Thailand ?.:confused::confused::confused:

Max 200 fags. No if, ands or buts...

Personal belonging in reasonable amount for owner’s use and the total value not
exceeding 10,000 baht.
( not restricted/prohibited items or provision)
200Cigarettes or 250 gm of tobacco or cigars, or altogether weight not more than
250 gm at the maximum
1 liter of alcoholic beverage at the maximum

the exceeding amount must be dropped in the Customs boxes to avoid being prosecuted.

http://www2.customs.go.th/Customs-Eng/Traveller/TravelEng.jsp?menuNme=Travel

Last edited:
So what is the go with bringing smokes into Thailand ?.:confused::confused::confused:

They are a soft target for 'scams' by Customs & excise.

The guy that Nookie is referring to bought the cigarettes IN Thailand, he did not import them. The issue is that they were not duty paid and he was probably grassed up by the person who sold them (who will be on a commission from C & E).

I thought I was OK with 5 adults taking 1 carton each into Thailand. My problem was being in possession of too many cartons and not enough adults when I got 'pulled'.

Bring in more than 1 carton of 200 & you'll pay 10xduty if caught!

When you do a visa run at Chon Chom sometimes guys ask you do you want any cigarettes ,if you buy them 99% sure 2 clicks down the road you will be stopped and searched and of course and a BIG fine , pocket money for the guys selling and the cops So I was told :rolleyes:

When you do a visa run at Chon Chom sometimes guys ask you do you want any cigarettes ,if you buy them 99% sure 2 clicks down the road you will be stopped and searched and of course and a BIG fine , pocket money for the guys selling and the cops So I was told :rolleyes:

AND the smokes could be 'confiscated'

Back