Surin City Map

The Surin Maps are now in Mike Starbeams waiting collection .

Thanks - Mike , and cheers for the pizzas last night :smile: ... Busy place nowadays !

Speaks for itself ..

Sorry Billp, didn't see your email until just now. By way of an explanation, we are in the middle of moving to a new house and I have been a tad busy getting things sorted before we move. Map sent by separate email.

Hi Karakara,

You are going to love this - I did not mark it on the map! Just down the road from Shinton Village, Koh-pa-lak, big red sign just painted in Thai on the wall opposite the old Index Shop and next door to Sans Suri Village. Yes, we have finally made up our minds and we are staying in Surin. I hate to think how many places I have lived in during my working life and even during retirement. Too many to count. I am looking for a nice piece of wood to carve those immortal words "DUNROAMING". The next move will definitely be my last one. They can carry me away in a box the next time around. LOL.

P.S. We had a nice house and a reasonable location but I had to get away from the "nam tawan" (flood waters) of City Land. Last year the road was flooded for nearly four months. This year we have been really lucky and so far no flooded roads. However, with land fill continuing all around City Land, and next door to our house as well, I cannot help but feel that future years may not be so kind. I do not need to become a Gondolier at this time of my life!

Last edited:
Hi Karakara,

You are going to love this - I did not mark it on the map! Just down the road from Shinton Village, Koh-pa-lak, big red sign just painted in Thai on the wall opposite the old Index Shop and next door to Sans Suri Village. Yes, we have finally made up our minds and we are staying in Surin. I hate to think how many places I have lived in during my working life and even during retirement. Too many to count. I am looking for a nice piece of wood to carve those immortal words "DUNROAMING". The next move will definitely be my last one. They can carry me away in a box the next time around. LOL.

The house across the road from us in Australia has the sign "DUNROAMING" on a nice piece of wood. Added by a previous owner who eminated from Wales, I think. Would hate to steal it and very heavy to bring in my suitcase!

Every time I try to open the map versions in this thread, I am now being told I cannot because there is an error. Any thoughts?

Also, not wanting to pay the 150 baht fee for using Thai bank ATMs, I am now using the AEON ATM at Big C in Surin. Where exactly is the other AEON ATM which the map tells me is somewhere at Petchkasem Plaza? Former member, Dave the Dude, now set in Stone, answered this question on 13-11-11 as follows:

"There are 2 in Surin.
A 24hr external one at the Back entrance to Pechkesem Plaza
and the other is within the Aeon Bank to the right of the entrance to Big C store. Bank opens 9 to 9, 7 days a week (I think)"

. . . . so I guess it is there, somewhere, if I open my eyes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you AussieBill. The first time I read your post I thought you said, "the previous owner was 'eliminated' from Wales" LOL! I have a nice piece of teak wood that will be just right for the sign. I will get around to doing it when I have finished my other priority jobs. At the moment I am in the middle of making the kitchen units and that will keep me busy for the next few months. I have already made 3 base units and 3 top boxes - only another 4 or 5 or each to go.

As to the AEON machine Gotlost is the expert locator. I think the machine in Petchkasem Plazza is near the left-hand entrance door to the plazza when accessed from the car park at the rear of the building. GL should be able to confirm.

Thank you AussieBill. The first time I read your post I thought you said, "the previous owner was 'eliminated' from Wales" LOL! I have a nice piece of teak wood that will be just right for the sign. I will get around to doing it when I have finished my other priority jobs. At the moment I am in the middle of making the kitchen units and that will keep me busy for the next few months. I have already made 3 base units and 3 top boxes - only another 4 or 5 or each to go.

As to the AEON machine Gotlost is the expert locator. I think the machine in Petchkasem Plazza is near the left-hand entrance door to the plazza when accessed from the car park at the rear of the building. GL should be able to confirm.

That is correct the AEON ATM at Petchkasem Plazza is in the back outside (carpark) just to the right of the left hand entrance.

Been talk about updating the Surin map. Has anyone seen anything on it that needs amending????????????????

thankyou5

Lot of time and effort was and has been put into the this edition of the SF map but in its short time there have been some changes so I feel its time to make these changes for a better map. Hear are my suggestions..

There are four hospitals in Surin only two are shown.

Weerawathyothin Army Camp ,on the 214 coming into town east side.
Surin Ruam Phasat, next to Surin Plaza. Private.
Rumapaet. Private
Surin Hospital. Government.

New Global House on the 214 entering town.
A new soon to be Robinson Lifestyle Center at the 214 and 226 intersection.

I feel local offices should be shown as they are officially listed such as..

Surin Provincial Transport Office (shown as Vehicle livening Center)
Pha Ya Su Rin Pak Dee Moment, elephant roundabout should be noted.
The Surin Provincial Court (old) is shown but the new court house is not and should be.

The old bus station is shown but the gray banner above and to the right of it is not connected to the logo.
Relabel logo for Park to read Exercise Park.

There are three old forum sponsors that banners need to be removed and three new sponsors that need to be added.

This forum has grown not only to reflect Surin City but the whole of Surin an its surrounding area and should reflect it.

There are non sponsors listed and marked on the map that are in Surin City, great idea. There needs to be the same effort made for non Surin City business that are patronized. The index/legend should show Leelawadee Garden Resort and Harleys Bar both of Prasat.

The direction lables at the bottom should read Prasat and Kap Choeng not the way it is now. There should be another box hear the reads Kap Choeng Immigration.

The stare logos for marking location is a good idea BUT you have a vry hard time reading them with the numbers

OK thats my three cents worth for the moment. Please jump in.

As I said before if you need help on this project please scream..

Last edited:
Lot of time and effort was and has been put into the this edition of the SF map but in its short time there have been some changes so I feel its time to make these changes for a better map. Hear are my suggestions..

There are four hospitals in Surin only two are shown.

Weerawathyothin Army Camp ,on the 214 coming into town east side.
Surin Ruam Phasat, next to Surin Plaza. Private.
Rumapaet. Private
Surin Hospital. Government.

New Global House on the 214 entering town.
A new soon to be Robinson Lifestyle Center at the 214 and 226 intersection.

I feel local offices should be shown as they are officially listed such as..

Surin Provincial Transport Office (shown as Vehicle livening Center)
Pha Ya Su Rin Pak Dee Moment, elephant roundabout should be noted.
The Surin Provincial Court (old) is shown but the new court house is not and should be.

The old bus station is shown but the gray banner above and to the right of it is not connected to the logo.
Relabel logo for Park to read Exercise Park.

There are three old forum sponsors that banners need to be removed and three new sponsors that need to be added.

This forum has grown not only to reflect Surin City but the whole of Surin an its surrounding area and should reflect it.

There are non sponsors listed and marked on the map that are in Surin City, great idea. There needs to be the same effort made for non Surin City business that are patronized. The index/legend should show Leelawadee Garden Resort and Harleys Bar both of Prasat.

The direction lables at the bottom should read Prasat and Kap Choeng not the way it is now. There should be another box hear the reads Kap Choeng Immigration.

The stare logos for marking location is a good idea BUT you have a vry hard time reading them with the numbers

OK thats my three cents worth for the moment. Please jump in.

As I said before if you need help on this project please scream..

Please feel free to make a new map mate

It sounds like we need one map for the city then a larger scale map for other areas WITHIN Surin Province.

Is the bar in Prasat still called Harleys?

I suppose it might be difficult knowing when to stop coverage and impossible to show all sponsors from Prasat K Chong Buriram Sisaket Nangrong ++++++

Physicaly on the map it would be quite difficult BUT a notice in the index on the left can be made. I'm in contact with nomad and Im on the trail. This will take a while so have patients.

Back