Surin City Map

No poll anymore, just have to set a date once we know when the new italian place is going to open, so a week or two after the openingday or so ... anyway the turn-up will be the same as always : the prakhonchai team en a few surinites. Just the funn crowd.

No poll anymore, just have to set a date once we know when the new italian place is going to open, so a week or two after the openingday or so ... anyway the turn-up will be the same as always : the prakhonchai team en a few surinites. Just the funn crowd.

Exactamente! (Spanish meaning "yes, that's right"). But right now I need suggested amendments for the new edition of the Surin map. Bump!

I am working the amendment but I am having to reconstruct from amdt4. I seem to have lost the.vsd version of amdt5. Not to worry, I'll get it done.

Surin City map - Beta version amdt 6.

View attachment 9848

N.B. Restaurants: I have deleted #4 Suanpa Resort to make way for new #4 Tam Tam Italian restaurant. Similarly, the # 1 spot has changed (reverted back) to Starbeam Lek (Top Tees goes to Robinson's). I only have so much space hence the need for editorial changes.

Yours comments are welcomed.

I will open a separate sub-forum for this and (hopefully) make it more prominent on the site. Shame to lose Saumpa as its a great restaurant. Maps looking good BTW

Last edited:
I'll add it back in as a permanent feature - embeded in the map because there is space to do it.

Wonder if it might be an idea to have an arrow and sign at the bottom of map & right of the road/river saying 'Hauy Senning Reservious' ???????

Surin City map - Beta version amdt 6.

View attachment 9848

N.B. Restaurants: I have deleted #4 Suanpa Resort to make way for new #4 Tam Tam Italian restaurant. Similarly, the # 1 spot has changed (reverted back) to Starbeam Lek (Top Tees goes to Robinson's). I only have so much space hence the need for editorial changes.

Yours comments are welcomed.

OK Ill stir up some shyt. You need space? Remove Tam Tam. It is NOT opened, not a sponsor or is the owner on the forum to my knowledge. When it becomes active then it gets consideration.

Also there is no advantage to AEON ATM's so you can remove all references from the map , that should help some.

Last edited:
I guess there is no reason to include Aeon ATMs now that they don't do anything special for farangs. The ATM at Petchkasem Plaza seemed to have disappeared last time I was wanting to use it.

I guess there is no reason to include Aeon ATMs now that they don't do anything special for farangs. The ATM at Petchkasem Plaza seemed to have disappeared last time I was wanting to use it.

Ok, fair comment I will delete. There are plenty of ATMs around the place nowadays. You will find them at Homepro, Thai Watsadu, IQ, Global, Tesco, Big C and many filling stations and 7-11's. Most are either Bangkok or Kasikorn banks and I think they are interchangeable with each others cards with no fee for the service. There are a fair number of Siam Commercial too but I think they charge a 30฿ fee for using Bangkok or Kasikorn Bank cards. If you are using a different bank then I guess you know where to find your own ATM machines.

Ok, fair comment I will delete. There are plenty of ATMs around the place nowadays. You will find them at Homepro, Thai Watsadu, IQ, Global, Tesco, Big C and many filling stations and 7-11's. Most are either Bangkok or Kasikorn banks and I think they are interchangeable with each others cards with no fee for the service. There are a fair number of Siam Commercial too but I think they charge a 30฿ fee for using Bangkok or Kasikorn Bank cards. If you are using a different bank then I guess you know where to find your own ATM machines.

You're correct. It is really easy at Robinson's as they have seven different banks within the facility and most of them are open 7 days a week. Many different types of ATM's to choose from, all centrally located in one place.

Hi Nomad. The Aeon ATMs were shown on previous versions of your map because they did not charge a fee for the use of international cards (tourists, some of us, etc), but they now do so no longer deserve any advertising advantage from your map.

Excellent work as always, Mr Nomad.

Next year, we will make the aeroplane a bit smaller since Boeing 787 Dreamliners probably cannot use the existing runway. (I'll let you know - I am returning to LOS on a Dreamliner tomorrow).

Thanks, Nomad.
By the way, I definitely want a flight on that cartoon plane once it is commercially operational.ThumbUp6

Back