Surin Governor's vice-free policy

Good luck to the Governor. Plenty of examples of spent youth need something better to do around our village.

We too have good examples in the village of youths who need some prospects, something to do, one or two of them directly in our family.

Only Friday last I took Bee (my BIL) and his friend Tang (a cousin, I think) to Surin bus station, put them on a BKK bound bus (for which I bought both tickets), pressed 1500 baht into his hot little hand and said good luck!

The two of them are off to join a building team. I guess that means a floor to sleep on, two meals a day and 300 baht for a day's hard work somewhere in the capital city.

Bee is not a bad boy but didn't properly finish school, did some odd jobs eg. on road repairs, petrol pump attendant, Tesco Lotus shelf stacker etc. but none of them worked out.

There must be so many of these kids...mine is just one of them.

My stepson who does not turn 18 until November and only went threw 9th grade is a rigger for TC Limited working the oil fields of Thailand. BTW his base salary is 15k a month with benefits and he is sending home half of this. Not bad for this back water village of Kap Choeng. Screw the Surin Governor.

My stepson who does not turn 18 until November and only went threw 9th grade is a rigger for TC Limited working the oil fields of Thailand. BTW his base salary is 15k a month with benefits and he is sending home half of this. Not bad for this back water village of Kap Choeng. Screw the Surin Governor.

Good on him

Nice to hear of a kid who's making his way. So many don't.

Back