Surin Immigration ANEX OFICE is CLOSED

gotlost

Kap Chong R Us Member
FROM Deerculler

I went to Surin Immigration yesterday to do my 90 day report. It was closed. The Kap Cheong phone number was on the window. I phone and they told me they were open.
Drove to Kap Cheong.
It was very busy. I could see they were testing a lot of people.
There were no seats to sit. I stood there with another farang who was with his wife. He very kindly went to look for a chair for me. But none available. I had been standing there for about 15 minutes leaning on my walking stick. It was getting very difficult.
He asked his wife to tell the IMO that I only required the 90 day report which was done in a short time.
I thanked the couple for there assistance. Lovely people. People like that restores ones faith in human nature.
I hope I meet up with them in Tha Tum one day and buy them a coffee at least.
Fortunately did not need to be close to other people there.
Fingers crossed.
It does tend to make one very nervous.

FROM Deerculler

I went to Surin Immigration yesterday to do my 90 day report. It was closed. The Kap Cheong phone number was on the window. I phone and they told me they were open.
Drove to Kap Cheong.
It was very busy. I could see they were testing a lot of people.
There were no seats to sit. I stood there with another farang who was with his wife. He very kindly went to look for a chair for me. But none available. I had been standing there for about 15 minutes leaning on my walking stick. It was getting very difficult.
He asked his wife to tell the IMO that I only required the 90 day report which was done in a short time.
I thanked the couple for there assistance. Lovely people. People like that restores ones faith in human nature.
I hope I meet up with them in Tha Tum one day and buy them a coffee at least.
Fortunately did not need to be close to other people there.
Fingers crossed.
It does tend to make one very nervous.

Further to the OP's story above. I did my 90-day report at the new Immigration Offices in the Surin Service Center just over one week ago, on Monday 21st June. I checked in at 09.10 and I was away by 09.30 or so. The Immigration Officer (who had Covid-19) came up to the office just before lunch on that same day. He had lunch with the resident I.O. and was tested later that day and found to have Covid-19. The office was closed the following day, the 22nd of June, and remains closed. Some English teachers from AnubarnSurin Junior school, who went to the office that afternoon, have been told to self-isolate for 14 days.

Interestingly, I have just received a phone call from Surin Hospital's Covid-19 Center, which my wife answered. They were tracing my whereabouts for the 21st of June. They obviously knew I had been in the Immigration Office. My wife told them I had been there from 09.10 till 09.30 that morning and asked if I should now be self-isolating. They, very reassuringly, said it was not necessary as my path had not crossed with that of the Covid-19 I.O. Clearly, the Surin hospital's track and trace system seems to be working.

:) :) :)

Last edited:
Further to the OP's story above. I did my 90-day report at the new Immigration Offices in the Surin Service Center just over one week ago, on Monday 21st June. I checked in at 09.10 and I was away by 09.30 or so. The Immigration Officer (who had Covid-19) came up to the office just before lunch on that same day. He had lunch with the resident I.O. and was tested later that day and found to have Covid-19. The office was closed the following day, the 22nd of June, and remains closed. Some English teachers from AnubarnSurin Junior school, who went to the office that afternoon, have been told to self-isolate for 14 days.

Interestingly, I have just received a phone call from Surin Hospital's Covid-19 Center, which my wife answered. They were tracing my whereabouts for the 21st of June. They obviously knew I had been in the Immigration Office. My wife told them I had been there from 09.10 till 09.30 that morning and asked if I should now be self-isolating. They, very reassuringly, said it was not necessary as my path had not crossed with that of the Covid-19 I.O. Clearly, the Surin hospital's track and trace system seems to be working.

:) :) :)
Was that just via office records or did you sign in via the Thai Cha Na App?

Last edited by a moderator:
Was that just via office records or did you sign in via the Thai Cha Na App?
I have the app but I do not have a roaming facility on my phone. If I know I want to use the app, I buy a 1-day package from AIS (about 19 baht). I did not sign in and was not asked to do so. I don't think I saw a QR code to do so either. I guess Surin Immigration furnished the Covid-19 Center with a list of visitors for the day. Their computer system must have been working as my 90-day report was printed after scanning my passport.

Back