Surin kidnappings.

FERET

Surin relic
Pat was telling me that she heard there has been a resurgance in attemped kidnappings around Surin.
Any truth in this ?.

Pat was telling me that she heard there has been a resurgence in attempted kidnappings around Surin.
Any truth in this ?.
My wife has said nothing about this. Over the years there have been the odd, unsubstantiated story but nothing that I have seen reported in the media. With two young daughters attending two schools in town we are always on our guard for their continued safety. We deliver them to the school gates in the morning and pick them up again when they finish late afternoon. Teachers are on gate duty morning and afternoon to keep an eye on orderly proceedings. The 5 major schools in town, all clustered together within a 1 square kilometer block, are home to approximately 20,000 children with ages ranging from 4 to 19 years old. My eldest daughter's school has some 3,000 girls between the age of 13 and 19 years old. If attempted kidnappings were taking place then surely these schools would be prime targets. To the best of my knowledge, there have been no reported kidnappings in Surin during the past couple of years at least.

My wife has said nothing about this. Over the years there have been the odd, unsubstantiated story but nothing that I have seen reported in the media. With two young daughters attending two schools in town we are always on our guard for their continued safety. We deliver them to the school gates in the morning and pick them up again when they finish late afternoon. Teachers are on gate duty morning and afternoon to keep an eye on orderly proceedings. The 5 major schools in town, all clustered together within a 1 square kilometer block, are home to approximately 20,000 children with ages ranging from 4 to 19 years old. My eldest daughter's school has some 3,000 girls between the age of 13 and 19 years old. If attempted kidnappings were taking place then surely these schools would be prime targets. To the best of my knowledge, there have been no reported kidnappings in Surin during the past couple of years at least.
Thats good news.
Never let the truth get in the way of a good Thai story.
In Pattaya, we do the same, drop the girls off and pick them up and, parents have to have a pass to enter the school grounds--- security.

My wife told me about 3 weeks ago that the suspicious van was seen lurking near a school, she said it was the kid snatchers at it. I asked why people don't just grab them or the police can't catch them and she told me to stop being stupid. She has been telling me this kidnap story for years now but not an ounce of proof. Mobile phone pics of the car?

My wife told me about 3 weeks ago that the suspicious van was seen lurking near a school, she said it was the kid snatchers at it. I asked why people don't just grab them or the police can't catch them and she told me to stop being stupid. She has been telling me this kidnap story for years now but not an ounce of proof. Mobile phone pics of the car?
Yea well, Mai Pen Rai.
I really don't know what to say.
I am always getting in the shit for standing my ground, well really, FFS, if it is right or makes sense, no problems.
Getting walked over is not my cuppa.

Pat was telling me that she heard there has been a resurgance in attemped kidnappings around Surin.
Any truth in this ?.

For four years I've been delivering the children in my extended family to a creepy, forlorn, unkept, dark-all-times-of-the-day, unsupervised street corner near the schools.
I've instructed them that if they see a suspicious van to wave their hands and force the vehicle to pull over and stop...
then hop on board.

Every day for four years I've been so disappointed when I receive a text message to pick them up at 6 PM. :pensive:

As well my darling refuses to wait the days on the corner with the kids too.

:yum:

For four years I've been delivering the children in my extended family to a creepy, forlorn, unkept, dark-all-times-of-the-day, unsupervised street corner near the schools.
I've instructed them that if they see a suspicious van to wave their hands and force the vehicle to pull over and stop...
then hop on board.

Every day for four years I've been so disappointed when I receive a text message to pick them up at 6 PM. :pensive:

As well my darling refuses to wait the days on the corner with the kids too.

:yum:
So Cafe, was that your bag of boiled sweets they found ?.;;bad simle;;;;nts;;;;horror;;

I'm not quite sure which bag of boiled sweets that you're referring to. :rolleyes:

The chocolate-covered coconut paddies and Toblerone bars might well be mine.;)

Back