Surin McDonald's coming soon

McDonald's is....non-smoking, they wash the dishes you are using in a dishwasher with hot water, no dogs inside, no annoying drunks sitting around you, etc.

lol, Joe. Since when did you find any of the above bothersome ? You are a rock 'n roll guitar player!

With 1148 likes and 286 shares by Thais in 13 hours of the SurinCityTalk McDonalds post, I don't think they need the Farang business anyway.

lol, Joe. Since when did you find any of the above bothersome ? You are a rock 'n roll guitar player!
I've always been a clean freak and been bothered by the unsanitary restaurant conditions here. There are very few places I will eat at. No biting the heads off of bats for this Rock and Roller.

With 1148 likes and 286 shares by Thais in 13 hours of the SurinCityTalk McDonalds post, I don't think they need the Farang business anyway.

You well know that if it depended on the expat business they wouldn't consider building in Surin and would not have built in Buriram. McD's decision is based purely on economics and Thai demographics.

(I wonder where the hamburger patties will come from, Indonesia or Oz ?)

Get an IN-N-Out then you can talk.

6805312050_edc0c74b00_b.jpg

Perhaps McDonalds should add McBrussel Spouts and a McChip Buddy to the menu to get the Brits business.

No worries, Joe. McD's has been in Britain for 40 years. They know what it's about.
If they don't like the fare it's fine.
McD's corporate is not looking at catering to the whims of expat or sexpat Brits with their expansion into Isaan.

Eel pies are ne'er going to be on the menu.

[Note: when you go into a McD's see how many non-Thais are working. Ask to speak to someone that speaks English...you won't find many but the one or two that do - they will be Thai.]

No worries, Joe. McD's has been in Britain for 40 years. They know what it's about.
If they don't like the fare it's fine.
McD's corporate is not looking at catering to the whims of expat or sexpat Brits with their expansion into Isaan.

Eel pies are ne'er going to be on the menu.

[Note: when you go into a McD's see how many non-Thais are working. Ask to speak to someone that speaks English...you won't find many but the one or two that do - they will be Thai.]

Far more likely to be Khmer!!!

There were very many Khmer girls working in restaurants in Pattaya over the past days I was there...and they speak better English that their Thai counterparts

Perhaps McDonalds should add McBrussel Spouts and a McChip Buddy to the menu to get the Brits business.

McThai needs to change their McShit menu to the New McDonalds menu in the US. Then they may have something. As it is McDonald Thailand is crap. Burger King has them beat hands down. BTW I do like McD's breakfast. If and when they do open in Surin it will be 99% Thai customers same as Starfucks.

Since when did sexpat Pattaya become Isaan ?

Could they have been from Khmeer families residing in Isaan ? Did you actually question all the girls working in restaurants that you saw and claim are Khmeer ?

Nick , I truly doubt that your findings are remotely statistically applicable...but you can base your statements on anything you wish.

Someone told me that they met a lovely , English fellow named Nick at the Beach Bar last Saturday. I replied ,"Are you absolutely sure he is born 'n bred English ?"

Since when did sexpat Pattaya become Isaan ?

Could they have been from Khmeer families residing in Isaan ? Did you actually question all the girls working in restaurants that you saw and claim are Khmeer ?

Nick , I truly doubt that your findings are remotely statistically applicable...but you can base your statements on anything you wish.

Someone told me that they met a lovely , English fellow named Nick at the Beach Bar last Saturday. I replied ,"Are you absolutely sure he is born 'n bred English ?"

Your comment Coffee

"Note: when you go into a McD's see how many non-Thais are working. Ask to speak to someone that speaks English...you won't find many but the one or two that do - they will be Thai."

No location shown, and I was stating in general terms that Khmers have a far greater knowledge of English than do Thais. I also generalised by stating there were many Khmers working in restaurants -albeit Pattaya where I happened to be. Saw many yesterday in Naklua fish market, along with a large number of Muslim girls.

I do happen also to recognise the Khmer lingo.. My wife and everyone in my village speak it in preference to Thai.

My wife's whole village is Khmer speaking, together with the surrounding villages near to Krasang. I have visited the local primary and secondary schools on many occasions. Effectively they are 100% second language Thai schools. All the children speak Khmer at home and learn Thai in school.

There is oodles of evidence that being brought up bi-lingually makes learning further languages that much easier. Bi-lingual children are behind their mono-lingual counterparts at age 5, in terms of total vocabulary, not surprising as they are learning two words for every object and concept. By the time they are 8 or 9, however, they forge ahead and far outstrip their mono-lingual colleagues.

It doesn't surprise me in the least that Isaan Khmer speakers, or for that matter Lao speakers, would reach higher levels of English than those brought up only with Thai.

My grandson (two years old) dropped something on the floor the other day and said "Whoopsie daisy". I wasn't even aware I had taught him that...apparently he only needed to hear it once or twice to assimilate it. I remain thankful he didn't come out with, " Oh, shit!" For another day perhaps!

Back