Surin Motor Show @ Robinson

Bandersnatch

Surin Solar Legend
฿840, 000 manual ฿880, 000 auto includes all accessories

G4Hxj86.jpg

UheDmfN.jpg

Other than a Ford pickup, what is it?

Sorry Yorky, I am not an expert on Fords, so cannot elaborate. When we were looking for a pickup three years ago 4 Door Ford auto pickups were over a million with very dated interiors. This one looks much improved with a nice screen. I think the accessories look good and the price is excellent for a Ford. You could pay another million more for a Raptor. If you are in Robinson worth checking out.

Sorry Yorky, I am not an expert on Fords, so cannot elaborate. When we were looking for a pickup three years ago 4 Door Ford auto pickups were over a million with very dated interiors. This one looks much improved with a nice screen. I think the accessories look good and the price is excellent for a Ford. You could pay another million more for a Raptor. If you are in Robinson worth checking out.

I had a (very) quick search on the net and did not find a model that looks like that with those prices. Not that I'm in the market for a new truck anyway.

you sure your not looking at the starting price ?

you sure your not looking at the starting price ?

Nothing is certain here in Thailand, but the girl told us that the price included all the accessories. I think they have taken a base model and had the (non ford) mods done themselves

If you're not familiar with "deceptive" sales practices, then consider these options:

"Loss Leader"
Sell (or offer to sell...big difference) a product at a greatly reduced price in order to entice buyers in to look at many other products offered, but usually at considerably higher prices.

"Bait and Switch"
Offer a product at a greatly reduced price, but when buyer wants to purchase then it is suddenly unavailable for a variety of reasons...out of stock, sale over, mistake, shipping problems, etc., however other higher-priced models are easily available.

Just saying...

Nothing is certain here in Thailand, but the girl told us that the price included all the accessories. I think they have taken a base model and had the (non ford) mods done themselves
I am pretty sure it is a Ford Ranger and not a Raptor for the following reasons. Firstly, the Ranger has tie-down bars on the roof, whereas the Raptor does not. Similarly, on the side panel near the front door, the engine size is shown as 2.2, whereas the Raptor does not have a similar sign. The model has been enhanced with a black cowling stuck on the bonnet that is only fitted for looks with no functionality. Also, the front FORD grill, tyres, and wheel hubs look similar to the Raptor and are add-ons too. In the grand order of things, I doubt that this would have added much to the cost. The closest matches from the authorised price list are as follows:

upload_2020-10-30_19-12-53.png

These are very similar to the prices quoted by @Bandersnatch ................. ฿840,000 manual, ฿880,000 auto (includes all accessories).

If the prices quoted by @Bandersnatch are correct, it sure seems an impressive looking car. At those prices, I would consider trading in my 11-year-old Ford Ranger Wildtrak for a new Ranger like the one shown.

https://www.ford.co.th/en/buying/price-list/

P.S. While the Black edition looks impressive, I do not think I would want one. With all the dust that abounds in Surin, the car would need cleaning every day and even the slightest scratches will show. White is a far more user friendly colour and looks cleaner far longer.

I have never understood the fascination of so many people to pick-ups. They have their place, but for folk such as Nomad, living in a city centre with wife and kids, surely a nice car would be preferable.

I bought a Mazda pick-up when I first came here, because in those days there was no tax payable and money was tight. That changed shortly after and I have always had a saloon car since. Very rarely would a pick up have been useful for carrying goods. At least with a saloon car, you don't have to cart all the inlaws around sitting in the rear making a filthy mess with their betel nuts!

I have never understood the fascination of so many people to pick-ups. They have their place, but for folk such as Nomad, living in a city centre with wife and kids, surely a nice car would be preferable.

I bought a Mazda pick-up when I first came here, because in those days there was no tax payable and money was tight. That changed shortly after and I have always had a saloon car since. Very rarely would a pick up have been useful for carrying goods. At least with a saloon car, you don't have to cart all the inlaws around sitting in the rear making a filthy mess with their betel nuts!

i drove a hire car toyota 1.8 saloon from the south to home, over 3 days when the covid restrictions first hit in and i could not fly.
i loved it, it was the first "real car" i had driven since i moved to Thailand.

here we have a truck 4-door as roomy as a saloon, but a big truck, and a small MG both serve a purpose, but i do miss a nice large powerful saloon !

When I arrived here in '99 I bought an old Datsun pick-up as a work horse during the building of the house. Then when the house was complete (2000) I bought a 4x4 Mazda pick-up as by that time I had stupidly ventured into rice farming. Rice farming didn't impress me but I preferred to keep the pick-up to negotiate the brutal road surfaces prevalent in Isaan at the time. When it was time to replace the Mazda, my wife had become used to the elevated driving position so we bought the Ford Wildtrack which we still have. My in-laws live 1,000 km away and visit around every two years for three or four days and as there are only two of them, the double cab is adequate without resorting to sticking them in the bed.

+1

Back