Swedish Pension Scheme - Information Needed

W

Wombat

Hello all.
I have a Swedish mate who lives in the next village, Lars. He does not get out much, in fact never, he doesn't listen to good advice even when offered and now finds himself in an awkward position.
He worked all his live in Sweden and ran an Optometry Shop until retiring about 4 years ago to move here.
He is about to turn 61 and is anticipating getting his pension, he paid for his own pension and is not expecting a handout from his government.
HOWEVER, he now believes that he will not qualify for his pension till he is 63, he seems to think they changed the rules without telling him. He has made financial plans around getting his pension at 61 and is going to be hurt financially if this does not occur. I feel that they can't change the rules to include him when he is so close to getting it, if they have changed the age requirements.
Does anybody know if the Swedish Government have changed the age limit? I have googled it and can find no real answer apart from seeing somewhere that it is 61 years of age.

All the information you need is contained here: http://www.pensionfundsonline.co.uk/content/country-profiles/sweden/90

Without knowing what scheme he is enrolled in it is difficult to say with certainty when he will be paid. However, some pensions can be paid from age 61 although this may change to 63 later. The website has a 'contact us' facility. May I suggest Lars (through you) does just this.

Thanks Nomad, it is as I thought, unchanged for him, I just got to convince him.

Back