Tam Tam now open /Pizza thread.

Grandson and I just had a boys’ evening out at Tam Tam. The food was as good as ever. The whole experience was somewhat diminished however by Mrs Tam Tam having what I can only describe as a hissy fit.
She came to take our order and was clearly out of sorts. I said I could see she was “mai sabai” and she thanked me for noticing.
Shortly afterwards she was shouting at the serving girl who walked out about 10 minutes later.
I have every sympathy for people who are unwell but, bloody hell, when you are running a business?
Needless to say, the boss man was phlegmatic. Not typically Italian, he was showing something of a stiff upper lip.

Last edited by a moderator:
To be fair, the boss has probably learned over the years that ‘turning the other cheek’ makes for a more comfortable home life......
Maybe he is not an Italian after all. But nice pizza anyway.

pizza.gif

TCL 49'er P2US - excellent technology with web browser
...and the best: 3 years guaranty! I have the same, but only 43".

About TamTam: good pizza, but restaurant mostly empty. How does he earn money?

There are many establishments like that in Surin (and probably elsewhere). It's always intrigued me, but I'm no restaurant/bar/shop owner.
I would suggest that most restaurants break even or at most make a small profit
This is probably the reason most have scaled down in Surin, to try and keep overheads to a minimum

Grandson and I just had a boys’ evening out at Tam Tam. The food was as good as ever. The whole experience was somewhat diminished however by Mrs Tam Tam having what I can only describe as a hissy fit.
She came to take our order and was clearly out of sorts. I said I could see she was “mai sabai” and she thanked me for noticing.
Shortly afterwards she was shouting at the serving girl who walked out about 10 minutes later.
I have every sympathy for people who are unwell but, bloody hell, when you are running a business?
Needless to say, the boss man was phlegmatic. Not typically Italian, he was showing something of a stiff upper lip.

A friend related the same story to me this afternoon.

...and the best: 3 years guaranty! I have the same, but only 43".

About TamTam: good pizza, but restaurant mostly empty. How does he earn money?
I think his pizza are terrible , I ask my Italian friend back home in Australia is that how they make them in Italy like him , so thin and told me yes .
But his Pasta is great, and yes every time I go there not a lot of customers , gets me how they can make money.
You need to get bums on seats in a restaurant to make money.

My Swiss Italian brother in law confirms that Tam Tam pizzas are the genuine articles, ie as made in Italy.
I love ‘em. Much better, for me, than Pizza Company etc.
Never tried Mike and Waen’s at Starbeams though am told they are very good.
From what I have seen on here recently, maybe Yorky should give serious consideration to opening a “Genuine Yorkshire Pizza Parlour” at home.

Me the pizza company in surin are the best in town but that’s me .
The pizzas in Australia I think are the best I have eaten , if tam tam pizza are like that in Italy then I would very disappointed if I went there to eat a pizza.

Me the pizza company in surin are the best in town but that’s me .
The pizzas in Australia I think are the best I have eaten , if tam tam pizza are like that in Italy then I would very disappointed if I went there to eat a pizza.

I fear that you have not been exposed to ‘real’ pizzas. Pizza Company are crap IMO, far too doughy. Each to their own and whatever floats your boat is what matters. Proper pizzas are thin crust and no one does them like the Italians.

I fear that you have not been exposed to ‘real’ pizzas. Pizza Company are crap IMO, far too doughy. Each to their own and whatever floats your boat is what matters. Proper pizzas are thin crust and no one does them like the Italians.

I have not been to Italy but I am sure that Tam Tam is definitely the real deal Italian Pizza cuisine. Which is a bit of a shock to anybody that has consumed the western version pioneered in the USA .
Horses for courses really, eat what you like. But I go with JB that the Italian version is probably the healthier of the two versions.

The best that I have had here is at Pizza 4 U, Kanthralak. Cooked in a proper stone oven and delicious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back