Tam Tam Restaurant - Now closed

Yorky

Fullritis Member
Following the Famous Five's decision to lock the thread "Tam Tam now open/Pizza thread" I shall continue here:

Rice

I am told that they were made to authentic Italian recipe. Maybe you can tell me if that is true as I have never been to Italy or Europe for that matter.

I have been to Italy a number of times, generally in the Milan area when I was working. I had one pizza in San Donato and it was good although having not eaten at Tam Tam I cannot say whether they were similar. However, my comment did not address their authenticity nor their taste, only how the pizzas looked on their website - a bit bland.

Because of the Famous Five's unilateral decision to close the original thread, are we to assume that any future references to Farang Connection, Hard Rock Cafe, Lorenzos, Speed 3 (and/or 1 and 2), Sports Bar, The Original Starbeam, The Oasis, Sugar Cane, Tesco Lotus, etc., is now not permitted?

Thread re-opened as some people apparently like to talk about things/places that no longer exist.

Hmmmm. I posted earlier on this and it seems to have vanished. I brought this old thread up as I was wondering if he had moved his pizza business elsewhere or had re-opened. His pizzas were good, and I am tired of the crap pizzas from Pizza Company and Hut. After seeing the recent The Rythm pizza pics I have a hankering for some decent pizza I don't have to make myself. :)

Hmmmm. I posted earlier on this and it seems to have vanished. I brought this old thread up as I was wondering if he had moved his pizza business elsewhere or had re-opened. His pizzas were good, and I am tired of the crap pizzas from Pizza Company and Hut. After seeing the recent The Rythm pizza pics I have a hankering for some decent pizza I don't have to make myself. :)

My wife ordered "two for one" pizzas from Pizza Hut today. She will have to eat them both because I wouldn't touch them.

My wife ordered "two for one" pizzas from Pizza Hut today. She will have to eat them both because I wouldn't touch them.
I've only had one from the 'new' Pizza Hut. Sweetest sauce I've ever had. Must be for 'Thai tastes'. Never again.

I've only had one from the 'new' Pizza Hut. Sweetest sauce I've ever had. Must be for 'Thai tastes'. Never again.

You may be able to tell me what is the "Philly Cheese" that they appear to put on it. I guess "Philly" is short for Philadelphia?

You may be able to tell me what is the "Philly Cheese" that they appear to put on it. I guess "Philly" is short for Philadelphia?
I don't think it would be Philly Cream Cheese. Maybe Goat Cheese? Grana Padano Cheese (no way you could find that here), Fontina Cheese, maybe Feta Cheese? They are maybe using cream cheese as real cheeses are so hard to get here. Maybe something new I've not heard of before. And yes, Philly stands for Philadelphia cream cheese, a brand name, and one of the better cream cheeses you can get in the states (and here as well).

Thing is many do not realize pizza is different all over Italy, and Sicily and other places like Sardinia. Each region has its own style of pizza pie.

Back