TESCO LOTUS PRASAT............STUPIDITY!

Prakhonchai Nick

You chose a custom title
Just returned from shopping at Tesco. Makes a change from Big C in Buriram.

Picked up 2 bottles of Thai whisky from the well stocked shelves. Got to the checkout and the cashier said I could no buy. I remarked it was after 11am and before 2pm. That apparently was not the problem. School close, so cannot sell. BUT you can buy a box of whisky Sir WTF!!! Why bother to have single bottles displayed for sale if they cannot be bought?

We had a similar situation about 6 months ago, they had 5 single bottles of Asahi Beer on their reduced trolley, tried to pay for them at check out - same result

Picked up 2 bottles of Thai whisky from the well stocked shelves. Got to the checkout and the cashier said I could no buy. I remarked it was after 11am and before 2pm. That apparently was not the problem. School close, so cannot sell. BUT you can buy a box of whisky Sir WTF!!! Why bother to have single bottles displayed for sale if they cannot be bought?

Can't buy wine vinegar out of hrs either!! Never ceases to amaze me at the stupidity of some of the rules and regulations here.

My wife has spent too much time in Australia. I sent her to the shop to buy a 9v battery for my multimeter. She asked for the old one to take with her. She showed the girl in Mini Tesco and she she said Mai Mee. My wife said to her "but what is that under your nose". Girl said "sorry Mai Mee". That is when my small Terrier of a wife leaned over the counter and threatened to knock some sense into her useless head.
My wife came back with the battery very flustered.

My wife took my watch back to where it was purchased (Big 'C') and asked if they could replace the battery. The girl asked if my wife had the guarantee because she would have to send it away!

There were probably 4 metres length of shelf space, 3 shelves high displaying wines, beers and bottles of spirits. I can see no point in any display if one is not allowed to buy by the bottle and only by the case. Could be put to far better use.

We once asked in Big 'C" if they had any Brooks tinned tomatoes. "Yes, we have some in the back". She went and got 4 tins for me. "Why don't you put them out on the shelves?" my wife asked. "There's not enough room" was the retort. "There would be if you moved a few of those 1,000 tins of bloody pilchards!"

[The latter was said by me in English so had no long term effect]

Last edited:
Money talks...and walks.

Doesn't stupidity bother you ?
Is it really worse elsewhere?

Nick, why do you even bother to go into that store if you're not a shareholder, employee or director ?

Money talks...and walks.

Nick, why do you even bother to go into that store if you're not a shareholder, employee or director ?

Its nearer than Buriram.and I wanted a change from Big C. Apart from the alcohol episode, it was a pleasant shopping expedition

Back in my day trading days, I made a reasonable profit buying and selling Tesco shares.

Hang on! The schools are closed for 6 weeks about 3 times/year. Also closed on weekends and public holidays. Did you check his/her pulse?

Yes, there is a school almost next door to this Tesco located on Hwy 24 just west of the turn into the parking lot. Yes, maybe the Thai law makes it difficult to purchase alcohol at the best price at the most convenient time at this Tesco for everyone, but...

just saying.....

mario299

Come to my village and buy your grog, our shop is 50 metres from the primary school and sells alcohol at all times to anyone including kids.

My 10 year old son and his teacher tell me that half his class of boys drink Thai whiskey and have a fag or 2 during school hours and they buy it themselves. A small plastic bag of whiskey 10 baht and a single ciggy around 2 baht.

Yes, there is a school almost next door to this Tesco located on Hwy 24 just west of the turn into the parking lot. Yes, maybe the Thai law makes it difficult to purchase alcohol at the best price at the most convenient time at this Tesco for everyone, but...

just saying.....

mario299

Like 30 meters to the west of it.:eek: Tesco and 7-11 go by the rules. :pYea Yea I know you can see an exception now and then.:rolleyes: BTW The Big C Market on the west side of the school is also only about 30 meters away and they do not sell same as Tesco.

Back