TESCO LOTUS PRASAT............STUPIDITY!

just sat in a bar, asked for the menu as fancy a cheese sandwich, i ordered a cheese melt with ham (which is phoned through fo a nearby restaurant & delivered)
the waitress returned & said sorry can I choose something else as this is on the breakfast menu & breakfast finished. I looked at the menu again & found the same thing under 'something American' section, amazingly it was available???

just sat in a bar, asked for the menu as fancy a cheese sandwich, i ordered a cheese melt with ham (which is phoned through fo a nearby restaurant & delivered)
the waitress returned & said sorry can I choose something else as this is on the breakfast menu & breakfast finished. I looked at the menu again & found the same thing under 'something American' section, amazingly it was available???

I really miss that head slap emoji.

TIT ! (for Robert who may not be familiar with the term...THIS IS THAILAND)

TIT ! (for Robert who may not be familiar with the term...THIS IS THAILAND)
when the food arrived I went to pay but had no small notes, handed her a 1000bht note & asked if she had change, she handed me a wallet, I opened it & found the exact change, I asked how she knew that I would pay with a 1000bht note, her reply was "we always like to be prepared"
bloody shame the kitchen isn't prepared for an order from the breakfast menu at 4pm..

You think Tescos are bad, try resolving a banking issue with Bangkok Bank without your pass book!
Apparently that is the only proof that you are the account holder.
I could present passport, ATM card, screen shot of account, but not enough, tried to tell them i had lost the book on UK, was told to report to Thai police
I suggested that maybe it's better if I empty the account via ATM and open a new account with another bank, that seemed to go over the girls head...

You think Tescos are bad, try resolving a banking issue with Bangkok Bank without your pass book!
Apparently that is the only proof that you are the account holder.
I could present passport, ATM card, screen shot of account, but not enough, tried to tell them i had lost the book on UK, was told to report to Thai police
I suggested that maybe it's better if I empty the account via ATM and open a new account with another bank, that seemed to go over the girls head...
Kasikorn is the same. It's too traumatic for me to post the story here!!!! 555

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Made a 2nd foray to Tesco Lotus Prasat today, and took a close look at the alcohol display.

There I found a notice pinned to the shelf, which very clearly outlined Tesco's policy for selling alcohol. Clear as Mud!!!

I thought Tesco was British Company!Tesco Lotus.jpg

Made a 2nd foray to Tesco Lotus Prasat today, and took a close look at the alcohol display.

There I found a notice pinned to the shelf, which very clearly outlined Tesco's policy for selling alcohol. Clear as Mud!!!

I thought Tesco was British Company!View attachment 15687
Send a letter to the PM, Nick and ask why the sh1te Engrish !

Last edited:
TESCO is Engrish.............. TESCO LOTUS is not.

As a former Tesco shareholder, the results of Tesco Lotus and other overseas outlets reflect in the overall Tesco results. As such Texco Lotus belong to Tesco UK and are subject to Uk controls. That control should extend to Thai management who should ensure that such crap is not written.

As a former Tesco shareholder, the results of Tesco Lotus and other overseas outlets reflect in the overall Tesco results. As such Texco Lotus belong to Tesco UK and are subject to Uk controls. That control should extend to Thai management who should ensure that such crap is not written.

TESCO LOTUS is owned by Dhanin Chearavanont, AKA The CP Group. Big C, Makro, 7-11. ETC ETC ETC. NO doubt in my mind they would tell you to fork off. :p:eek::rolleyes:Just saying.:D

TESCO LOTUS is owned by Dhanin Chearavanont, AKA The CP Group. Big C, Makro, 7-11. ETC ETC ETC. NO doubt in my mind they would tell you to fork off. :p:eek::rolleyes:Just saying.:D

Indeed you are correct GL. Time has overtaken me.

Regardless however of ownership, the message in the alcohol dept written using English lettering, does more harm than good to the overall name of Tesco-Lotus. Get down there GL and offer your services as proof reader of all things non-Thai. Could not possibly be worse than what is now. :). Could it??

Indeed you are correct GL. Time has overtaken me.

Regardless however of ownership, the message in the alcohol dept written using English lettering, does more harm than good to the overall name of Tesco-Lotus. Get down there GL and offer your services as proof reader of all things non-Thai. Could not possibly be worse than what is now. :). Could it??
What Kung foo dat.

Kasikorn is the same. It's too traumatic for me to post the story here!!!! 555

had my bank book posted to me & returned to the bank, was told I need to return to the branch where the account was opened, I asked to see the manager, a young lad arrived, I explained my problem, he then explained (in English) what the girl needed to do, success!
Goes to show we English need to blush up on owl Engrish prlnunciation..

Just returned from shopping at Tesco. Makes a change from Big C in Buriram.

Picked up 2 bottles of Thai whisky from the well stocked shelves. Got to the checkout and the cashier said I could no buy. I remarked it was after 11am and before 2pm. That apparently was not the problem. School close, so cannot sell. BUT you can buy a box of whisky Sir WTF!!! Why bother to have single bottles displayed for sale if they cannot be bought?
Same happend to me Nick .
Picked up a bottle of wine and some beer for my workers .
Same story sorry cant sell you this school near bla bla bla .
Why display it then .
Bullshit .....

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk

Back