Thai Immigration Bureau to take e-payments

Moderator3

SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Staff member
Thai Immigration Bureau to take e-payments

BANGKOK: -- Foreigners who have to pay fees or fines to the Immigration Bureau can pay by ATM, credit or debit cards starting this Sunday, the bureau has announced. Only cash payments are accepted currently.

Immigration bureau chief Pol Lt Gen Phanu Kerdlarpphol said the bureau would be the first unit of the Royal Thai Police to introduce electronic means of fees and fines payments.

Each year, the bureau's offices in Bangkok collect close to 800 million baht in revenue from fines and fees. The electronic payment options would increase convenience for the payer and the bureau itself, Pol Lt Gen Phanu said.

The services were also part of the bureau's efforts to match standards of immigration services overseas.

The new service will be available at the government complex on Chaeng Watthana Road, the centre for visa and work permit services at Chamchuri Square, the service centre for Myanmar, Lao and Cambodian immigrant workers, the Immigration Office on Soi Suan Phlu, and other units of the bureau.

Krung Thai Bank, which will handle payments for the bureau, will waive payment fees for Krung Thai ATM and Visa debit card holders from Dec 1 until Feb 28, Pol Lt Gen Phanu said.

Payments using debit cards of other banks or financial institutions and credit cards of any financial institution would be subject to a 1% fee, he said.

-- Agencies/Bangkok Post 2012-11-30

How long do we have to wait before this hits Kap Choeng? Hmmm...................

How long do we have to wait before this hits Kap Choeng? Hmmm...................

I'm busy withe the harvest but I may Monday try to stop in and have a chat with them. . THe last time I was in the office they still did not have a pp reader that's the main reason they do 90 day reports by hand. So don't hold your breath on e-payments.

Just did my 90 day report at KCI. N-Out in 5 minutes. The only thing they wanted was my forum no other copies. They have added new furniture and a new a NEW handycap ramp and parking.

As for the the new e-payment. They have not heard of it and have Not received any information. As for a pass port reader they still do not have one and are waiting on it.
I asked them how many 15 day borders hops a person could make at Chong Chom and they said as many as you like.

Last edited:
It's also known and described as a 'form' GL. Just a little bit of confusion and too many letters in your post.

I have a friend he came in on a 1 month visa at the airport ,he needs to stay for 6 weeks ish , can he extend at immigration or will he need to go out and back in ?

I have a friend he came in on a 1 month visa at the airport ,he needs to stay for 6 weeks ish , can he extend at immigration or will he need to go out and back in ?

He came in on what is called a visa exempt at swampy. He can only get a 7 day extension at immigration if he can show an onward air ticket and 1900 bt. If he wants to stay for two more weeks he will need to make a borders hop at Chong Chom and he will get a 15 day visa exempt stamp. No cost for Thailand but the usally fee for Cambodia.

He came in on what is called a visa exempt at swampy. He can only get a 7 day extension at immigration if he can show an onward air ticket and 1900 bt. If he wants to stay for two more weeks he will need to make a borders hop at Chong Chom and he will get a 15 day visa exempt stamp. No cost for Thailand but the usally fee for Cambodia.

Thanks mate , I will see exactly how many extra days he needs and inform him .

Back