The Coffee Shop Surin. Since 2007

Welcome Benson. Please take Nomads advice re asking Alan the Builder to arrange for a banner on our home page.
Can you confirm the name of your business, for a dedicated sponsors section of the forum, please. We can then move this thread into it as a starting post.
Yes that is the correct name THE COFFEE SHOP.

Quiet weird ... opened in 2007 ... seemingly forgotten by the expatcommunity ... AND still alive and kicking !!!
Lesson to be learned : unknown by the expatcommunity is better for survival ... no mean backstabbing remarks ... locals are better patrons methinks !!!

Not as many tourists as you might think. Not paying rent helps immensely.
And with 4 floors living on site helps, the commute getting a bit difficult somedays.
Also not having a Thai involved in the day to day operations. And no children.

Last edited:
So massage still available? By reservation or can just walk in? Foot/leg massage as well?

I am back in Surin as of last night and really want to find a decent place for foot/leg massage and full massage. And a good coffee and bagel. :)

We do just call the girls as we need them. Usually only about 10 minutes away.

Pricing? Hours of ops? Full Thai massage and/or foot and leg massage? I've been looking for a decent, non sexual, clean and professional place to get the massages when needed. And I do need them. Extensive Arthritis of the lower spine and neck, and knee issues. I use my daughter's Acupuncture Therapy and Tuina Chinese medicinal massage at her clinic once a week. Would love the Thai massage option as well. The massage and occasional Acupuncture definitely helps my medical issues. I'd want a bi-weekly full massage and bi-weekly foot and leg massage on opposing weeks.

I'll come around for a chat and coffee and a look see. Cheers.

Benson, A question if I may. Do you brush your bagels with an egg wash before baking them once dried from the boiling? I used to make my own bagels as well a long while back. Was using the dried onions, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, and dried garlic one used to be able buy in Makro (don't know if these are still available there). Will need to check in the next couple of days.

Thanks, Benson. Good to see the massage menu. I'll be by in a few days. Wife's birthday tomorrow. We will celebrate at the Haku Zou Japanese restaurant on Tuesday evening as she is off Wednesday and can celebrate a bit on the evening. Turning 50! Man does time fly.

View attachment 28993 Yes i do do that process, but i only capable of making plain bagels.
We do all massages only open until 6 pm.

"Yes i do do that process, but i only capable of making plain bagels."

My way of adding the extras to the bagels is to use a plate, pour the wanted toppings onto the plate. After the egg wash place each bagel top down while still wet from the wash onto the plate. Then bake as per usual in the oven. I was using the dried onions, dried garlic, poppy seeds, sesame seeds, etc for the topping. (You can mix the toppings as well. I liked the onion and garlic myself.) As said, I used to get the dried toppings and seeds from Makro. They had a section just by the cheese and milk section that had numerous dried spices. Easy way to do this without having to mix anything into the dough.

Another thing I have noticed here, especially in Surin, is that there is usually only plain cream cheese available. I used to lightly microwave the cream cheese, then, while still nice and soft, add/stir in chopped chives, or lightly sauteed onions or garlic (after drying them on a paper towel for a while to get any excess remaining oil or butter to drain), to the softened cream cheese. Then you can replace the cream cheese container in the refrigerator to firm back up and use when needed/wanted. Actually there's a lot you can add to the cream cheese if wanted. Slightly frozen blueberries works well too. :)

Just some of my experience with this.

Last edited:
:rolleyes: Well that's exactly what my lox with shmeer on a fresh bagel looked like served with capers on the side.

Delicious and hit the spot with coffee.

Thank you @Benson and staff.

Ten minutes after I ordered another customer arrived and ordered the same.
The word on bagels is getting around.

Back