The Green Tree restaurant (NEW)

Moderator3

SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Staff member
GREEN TREE OPENS

greentree4.jpg
A little, green oasis awaits you on the old back road to i-mobile stadium. Surrounded by potted plants and palm trees, the Green Tree is a quaint open air bar and restaurant.
Right opposite the i-mobile stadium, it's an ideal spot for pre-match and post match celebrations.
Formerly a resident of Cha Am, George the owner, decided to move to Buriram with his wife Dang. They set up shop in Buriram just over one month ago. Songkran Sunday was their opening day.
In a very short space of time, they've managed to create an extremely inviting and homely venue.
This cute little bar is like sitting in someone's back garden. The surroundings of chunky, garden seats and tables, potted plants, and tropical trees makes you feel right at home. A nice cooling breeze sweeps through the restaurant as it's in the open air.
Their menu is not a totally usual mix of Thai and foreign food. Foreign food selection includes English breakfasts, pasta's, and toasties. There's a fair choice without being too many. Pad Thai, red curry, and spaghetti with drunk sauce (spicy chili basil) are a few of the Thai dishes.
Thai or Ferrang, there's more than enough to keep you happy.
Home made Pie's are Georges famous house specialty. He makes them all himself and has a fresh batch done every day. Specific pie's are allotted to different days of the week. The pie's are cleverly named "Castle Pie's", after Thunder Castle stadium of course. (see picture below for selection of pies).
Sunday roast dinners is another feature George is working on at the moment.
Don't wait for a match day or a Sunday. Get down there and try some of George and Dang's great food or just enjoy a relaxing drink in a welcoming, tropical setting.
Handsome Men On Match Day

greentree.jpg

Famous Home Made Pie Menu

greentree5.jpg

Little bit confused by the Sign in Thai says "Striped Wood"

Will have to ask the wife ! Maybe something esoteric in nature. Wouldn't be the first time.

Asked the wife. Esoteric YES. Means planks of wood.

Last edited:
Looks interesting! But where is it? The stadium is, presumably, the all singing and all dancing stadium that one sees from the ring road, the 226 heading towards Korat (from Surin). The stadium is on the right hand side of the road and just before the very large Buddha that sits atop the dormant volcano on the left hand side. I am not aware of any other road leading off the ring road before the traffic lights.

View attachment 8940

Looks interesting! But where is it? The stadium is, presumably, the all singing and all dancing stadium that one sees from the ring road, the 226 heading towards Korat (from Surin). The stadium is on the right hand side of the road and just before the very large Buddha that sits atop the dormant volcano on the left hand side. I am not aware of any other road leading off the ring road before the traffic lights.

View attachment 8940

It is on the road that is (just about) on the extreme right edge of that aerial shot.

It is the road that links up with Big C, Makro etc.

Coming from the south (with the stadium on your left) you turn left just before the sweeping bend to your right. The Green Tree is on your right almost opposite the new Amari hotel.

Thank you. Having looked a little further, the map is the old stadium and not the new Thunder Castle. I have found that and Big C and Makro but I am afraid I am none the wiser as to where this Green Tree restaurant is located. I did not see the new Amari hotel on the map but maybe it came after the date of the imagery. I guess I will have to go hunting next time I am in the area.

Thank you. Having looked a little further, the map is the old stadium and not the new Thunder Castle. I have found that and Big C and Makro but I am afraid I am none the wiser as to where this Green Tree restaurant is located. I did not see the new Amari hotel on the map but maybe it came after the date of the imagery. I guess I will have to go hunting next time I am in the area.

Coming from Surin, on the ring road, past the former stadium, go to the traffic light controlled cross roads. (Big Buddha to your left)

Turn right on the 219 towards Buriram.

The new football stadium will be on your left, (which houses Amari Hotel with not a sign to be seen advertising it!)

Then as Co-Co says "you turn left just before the sweeping bend to your right. The Green Tree is on your right almost opposite the new Amari hotel"

It's very easy to find and a very short journey time as its 4 lanes nearly all the way now. Think it's signposted at the two junctions when coming fromSurin direction.

It's very easy to find and a very short journey time as its 4 lanes nearly all the way now. Think it's signposted at the two junctions when coming fromSurin direction.

Would that be the football stadium that is signposted Ivor, rather than the Green Tree Restaurant?

Amazing really that Surin Farang can provide all the info on this new Buriram restaurant, whilst the shower over at Buriram Expats tell you Fcuk All!

Any names to go with the pictures of the farangs in the restaurant?

I think this maybe a handy place to go when my wife and daughters visit the big Buddha on top of the hill. They can have a good wander around on top of the volcano and I can sit down in comfort and eat a nice hot pie. "Call me when you are ready and I'll meet you at the bottom of the steps." 555

I think this maybe a handy place to go when my wife and daughters visit the big Buddha on top of the hill. They can have a good wander around on top of the volcano and I can sit down in comfort and eat a nice hot pie. "Call me when you are ready and I'll meet you at the bottom of the steps." 555

The walk up all those steps would do you good Nomad. I've done it many times. Pop in before and buy a takeaway pie, and eat it at the top whilst the family perform their religious duties.:smile:

The walk up all those steps would do you good Nomad. I've done it many times. Pop in before and buy a takeaway pie, and eat it at the top whilst the family perform their religious duties.:smile:

I didn't know you were so enthusiastic about Buddhist sites :smile:

I support Nomad's proposition - settle yourself into the Green Tree and leave the family to it.

As for the Green Tree being almost opposite the Amari Hotel, whilst that is correct, it is first necessary to find the Amari, which to date I have not.

There appears to be no external advertising, signs or anything. Only once in the football stadium grounds, will you see the hotel!

Last edited:
Back