THE HIPPIE BAR - SURIN

Discussion in 'Live music venues in Surin.' started by Cent, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Coffee

Coffee Surin Legend

Yup, Cent. Go ahead and tell your wife about that part of the tale (wee hours 'tail'). :kissingsmiling:

Surely someone would get bludgeoned !
    :p 555

Yorky and nomad97 like this.
  2. Ivor the Engine

Ivor the Engine Administrator

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Wombat

Wombat Surin Legend

I thought that "Jacks" was exclusively an Aussie term of endearment towards local law enforcement, where'd you pick it up?

4. Coffee

Coffee Surin Legend

@Wombat My auntie was a citizen of Australia and moved to America to marry my uncle Ralph following WW2.
    I believe they initially met while my uncle was convalesing as a double-amputee from wounds received during naval operations in the Coral Sea.

I can still recall her "Good on ya, boy" which no American would ever speak in the 60s.

Aunt Faye had platinum blonde hair a là Marilyn and a big smile for everyone.
    Years later I had the pleasure of meeting her youngest brother Mel and his son Mel Jr who both worked out of the union shoppe on the docks at Auckland NZ.
    I had brought family albums and such to share since my aunt had never seen her brothers or visited Australia since departing.
    It was the first time I ever tried snooker.
    Obviously I would've never made the ranks.
    Thankfully the beer and comraderie was wonderful.

5. Wombat

Wombat Surin Legend

Good on ya mate.

Ivor the Engine likes this.
  6. Cent

Cent FORUM SPONSOR

The Hippy Bar's new mixed drinks cocktail menu.

[​IMG]

Ivor the Engine likes this.
  7. Merlin

Merlin Surin Legend

I must change my glasses... Saw the above, and spent hours searching for The Nipple Bar, Surin...

nomad97 and Yorky like this.
  8. Ivor the Engine

Ivor the Engine Administrator

Let me know when you find it please!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Croc, Merlin and Wombat like this.
  9. Wombat

Wombat Surin Legend

Cent, your menu link on the Starbeam Facebook page is not working. Thought you should know.
    Our family enjoyed our take away Queslidas and Burgers last night.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
    Cent likes this.
  10. gotlost

gotlost Surin Legend

Works for me.:D

11. Cent

Cent FORUM SPONSOR

Wombat, thanks for bringing that to my attention.

Seems my daughter may have up loaded the menu pages as pictures rather than in text format. I've opened the menu page again, but at the moment cannot change or delete individually from the menu for prices and offerings now defunct. Will speak with her later and see if I can change this back to the way I had it.

Happy to hear you and your family enjoyed our food. Always good to hear feedback.

Wombat and Ivor the Engine like this.
  12. Wombat

Wombat Surin Legend

That's a first.

13. Cent

Cent FORUM SPONSOR

Scootslande will be at the The Hippy House Bar & Restaurant in Surin City. Friday October 26, 2018. 200 baht entrance fee. Get down and see this great music. Good music, delicious foods, cold beer and mixed drinks, wonderful people. Don't miss the show. You'll be happy you went. https://www.facebook.com/The-Hippie-House-Surin-Thailand-…/…

Here's a song from Scootslande on Youtube for your listening pleasure. 'Go Away'.

14. Cent

Cent FORUM SPONSOR

Here's another taste of music from Scootslande for your listening pleasure. Come and see the band at Hippy House Bar & Restaurant in Surin City Friday, October 26 2018. 'They Cry'.

15. Cent

Cent FORUM SPONSOR

Hippy House looking for a cashier

ฮิปปี้เฮ้าส์
    รับสมัครแคชเชียร์ 1 ตำแหน่ง
    ที่ร้านมีเครื่องคิดเงินให้ครับ
    เวลางาน 18:00-24:00น.
    สนใจสอบถามได้ที่ร้านหรือ 0641061747
    ด่วนเลยเด้อ

Hippy house
    Recruit Cashier 1 position
    The shop has a silver machine.
    Work time 18:00-24:00 PM
    Interested please ask at shop or 064-106-1747
    It's urgent.

Khun Soonyata Canlaya (also known as Dome)

16. BigA

BigA Well-Known Member

Has Hippy bar relocated?
    Any info appreciated

17. Cent

Cent FORUM SPONSOR

Yeah, around the corner a bit further down (on the soi the Thong Tarin hotel is on).

BigA likes this.
  18. EnglishAlan

EnglishAlan Active Member

I notice it s now calling itself "Hippie House". It s bang opposite the clinic with the big car park.

Ivor the Engine and BigA like this.
  19. Coffee

Coffee Surin Legend

20190515_221301.jpg
    Just look for the VW Hippie van. :cool:

Ivor the Engine and nomad97 like this.
  20. Cent

Cent FORUM SPONSOR

Stopped in to the new and improved Hippy House last night for a look see and a couple beer Lao and to hear some of the live music and say Hi to Dome. Wow! What a difference in the venue change/move. Nice place, though the way to the hong nam takes one behind the bar and into the secret passageway beyond. LOL The place was packed out, and, much to my surprise, it was packed out with like 90% women. Had a pleasant time chatting with some ladies there and a couple lads. Dome's place was rocking. The move is a definite money maker increase I'd say. Loads of people in there. Great music by Dome and his drummer buddy, and a very pretty lass singing on some of the tunes. Nice voice. Good job. And surprise surprise... Dome got a serious haircut! Not so hippy looking any more. :) Will definitely be a place to stop in when out and about on the occasional Friday or Saturday night.

New | Recent