The new Western Ring Road ??

nomad97

Resident Geek
I mentioned I had taken my daughters out for the afternoon a couple of weeks ago. We had decided to explore the ring road starting at Robinson's and working ourselves around in a clockwise direction. We got to the southern most point, the Prasat Intersection, before continuing in a westerly direction and up towards the Buriram Intersection and the 226. Shortly after the Prasat Intersection, maybe less than a kilometer or 2, we saw some new concreting/banking on the ring road and noticed new road works off to the west. We decided to investigate further. There, in the middle of nowhere and heading into the sunset (west) was the beginnings of a 4 lane motorway with flyover. This is all on virgin paddy land. I guess it will veer off to the north later and finish up somewhere near the traffic lights leading out of town on the Chom Pra road - the lights at the end of the current ring road. I would guess thats at least 15 kilometers away. Seems one hell of a project if my assumptions are correct.

western bypass.jpg

See: https://www.facebook.com/4518566315...856631502668/1045641708790821/?type=3&theater

Last edited:
You assumption is correct. I believe either you or GL elaborated on this a few years ago.
The project is to alleviate traffic moving through the town centre on the original 214 "due north and south".

You assumption is correct. I believe either you or GL elaborated on this a few years ago.
The project is to alleviate traffic moving through the town centre on the original 214 "due north and south".
If it runs to Thai schedule, It will be finished about 2028.

Or, if it emulates the elevated railway parallel to the Don Muang Highway, it will still look like Nomad's picture in 2028.

Or, if it emulates the elevated railway parallel to the Don Muang Highway, it will still look like Nomad's picture in 2028.

If your talking about the old Hopewell project it is gone and the new rail project is zooming ahead in it's place. The light red and Dark red coded system is well on the way with The Dark red scheduled for completion in 2018, Rangsit - Bang Sue.

Back