Today's 90 day report at KCI

Yorky

Fullritis Member
90 day report in person at KCI today took 2 minutes as the paper jammed in the printer. The "reception area" was packed but the office to the right was empty.

However, I was given only 29 days and given that I was not wearing my reading glasses, I mistook 31 MAR for 31 MAY until I arrived home. We rang KCI and explained the mistake and received an apology and I was asked to change the date myself and KCI would change it on the computer (which the officer confirmed in a call back).

90 day report in person at KCI today took 2 minutes as the paper jammed in the printer. The "reception area" was packed but the office to the right was empty.

However, I was given only 29 days and given that I was not wearing my reading glasses, I mistook 31 MAR for 31 MAY until I arrived home. We rang KCI and explained the mistake and received an apology and I was asked to change the date myself and KCI would change it on the computer (which the officer confirmed in a call back).

I10.jpg

I thought I saw you there, Yorky.... but I'm so bad at recognising people that I failed to greet you. Very few people there this morning.

I thought I saw you there, Yorky.... but I'm so bad at recognising people that I failed to greet you. Very few people there this morning.

As I say, I was in there for 2 minutes at the most (around 10:30).

It all seems so pointless.

My point in posting, other than to confirm that I'm a decrepit old fool, is that even the IOs are inflammable (or infallible) so it is prudent to double check that they have it correct. My problem was that (other than the foregoing) I was not wearing my glasses and in expecting the next report date to be end of MAY, I read MAR as MAY. It's easily done at my age and I suspect many of you are within sight of that age.

[From either direction]

Anyway, it is pointless whatever. As a Farang, you are required by law to inform immigration (or the police) should you relocate for more that 24 hours. That would appear logical but to report if you haven't relocated seems somewhat silly.

I know, I know - don't expect logic in LOS.

Anyway, it is pointless whatever. As a Farang, you are required by law to inform immigration (or the police) should you relocate for more that 24 hours. That would appear logical but to report if you haven't relocated seems somewhat silly.

I know, I know - don't expect logic in LOS.

And just to make it dafter still, no-one checks that your 90 day report address is actually correct! My wife usually accompanies me but has not been required to verify that I still stay with her at the said address during the reporting process.

On a number of occasions, I have informed them of address changes (produced the correct form) and they were not interested.
The last time I tried, they changed the details in front of me on their PC, got me to check them and.... Press 'Enter'
Job done with no paper/proof required.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On a number of occasions, I have informed them of address changes (produced the correct form) and they were not interested.
The last time I tried, they changed the details in front of me on their PC, got me to check them and.... Press 'Enter'
Job done with no paper/proof required.

Just out of interest Dave, was the "owner" of the property where you stayed with you at the time?

Just out of interest Dave, was the "owner" of the property where you stayed with you at the time?
I doubt it, not sure.
I usually scoot over there alone as they all speak good Engrish and they know me quite well having worked together a few times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only for the selected few!

Did you take the opportunity to check your details with them while you were there?

The little room to the left seems to be dedicated to 90 day reporting enquiries - and I am sure they are very keen to get Farangs switched over to online reporting.

Did you take the opportunity to check your details with them while you were there?

The little room to the left seems to be dedicated to 90 day reporting enquiries - and I am sure they are very keen to get Farangs switched over to online reporting.

I was directed to the office on the right last week (which, apart from staff) was empty. I have twice asked them before why I (and a number of others I know) cannot reach page 2 of the on-line form and receive an instruction to contact the local immigration office. The IO said "I know it doesn't work for everyone but we cannot do anything about it".

I'm convinced that the software does NOT check the contents of page 1 for accuracy (except for the capture) before proceeding to page 2.

I'm convinced that the software does NOT check the contents of page 1 for accuracy (except for the capture) before proceeding to page 2.

I am a great believer in logic and I seriously doubt that the ability to submit is purely random. If it works for "some people" (like me) then there is a reason for that - and, on this occasion, it has nothing to do with money passing hands.

I believe the system DOES match details as posters on TV.com have identified errors in TM6 records as a reason for failure.

In any event, it seems worth the effort to resolve something that is clearly "d0able" to avoid unnecessary visits to KCI.

Back